UKC

evolv cruzers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 13 May 2014
looking around for a Vegan Friendly Approach/Casual shoe.

Thinking of the evolv Cruzers, Nice and cheap.

Bit put off by how amazingly thin the soles Look.

Im quite Heavy on soles. Are they as thin as they Appear? Anyone any Experience? Are they super hard wearing and Long lasting?

Any Other Suggestions welcome.
 Ander 13 May 2014
In reply to Choss:

The sole is as hard wearing as any comparable sole. The bit that's missing from the sole is the midsole (the spongy bit between the grippy bottom and the insole).

I think Cruzers are great. They fit on the narrow side, so I'd suggest trying them on if you can.

Have you looked at Patagonia Sliders?
 jimtitt 13 May 2014
In reply to Choss:

Are they super hard wearing and Long lasting?

You´re joking right?, They weight about 200g, the sole is thin and made from the same rubber on the rock boots and the uppers are canvas.
They climb great though!

conrad_o 13 May 2014
In reply to Choss:

Good for casual and light crag duty. I like the way you can fold down the heels and slip into them. Great rubber. Think of them as a flip flop replacement.

They're not made for heavy use, I wore mine for some long mountain days because I had nothing else. Now the green foam stuff under the rubber is compacted and some of the stitching is scuffed open. Also they seem to have shrunk after getting wet.

Surprise; product doesn't perform well in job it wasn't designed for.
astley007 13 May 2014
In reply to conrad_o:

Mine are fantastic!!! best pair of "going out" slippers I have ever had,
 jwa 13 May 2014
I bought some for going to Thailand as a lightweight approach shoe. Did the job I expected and held up to getting wet and generally battered. Try them on before you buy if you can. Where I bought mine from was selling them really cheap but only had a few sizes. I could have done with half a size bigger.

Ciderslider 14 May 2014
In reply to Choss:

I've got some - they are an ok casual shoe that tells other people you're a climber
Although I've had non climbers comment on how nice they look (but that's probably because I was wearing them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...