UKC

Paklenica, Croatia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jezb1 13 May 2014
It's my last day in Croatia and I've done a bit of a write up of the trip which may prove useful to others heading out there... Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

http://www.jbmountainskills.co.uk/news/rock-climbing-in-paklenica-croatia
 madam 13 May 2014
In reply to jezb1:

Quite nice summary...two remarks:

1. I would definitely recommend twins/halfs not only because of possible abseiling in the multipitch routes (as you mention) but also because of safety (in easier routes loose rocks and sharp edges are very typical for Paklenica).

2. If you want to avoid crowds I would go in April and/or October. I was there several times and April is I think the best time for climbing.

adam
OP jezb1 13 May 2014
In reply to jezb1:

Good advice on the ropes Adam, very valid point of course.

April was apparently pretty wet this year though, but you never know do you! It would be nicer to avoid the crowds.
 madam 13 May 2014
In reply to jezb1:

Well, we were lucky then I mean the rain...it is true it stopped raining when we came.

adam
 The Ivanator 13 May 2014
In reply to jezb1:

Nice write up Jez, your blog is looking damn good these days. You set a date with Heather yet?
OP jezb1 13 May 2014
In reply to jezb1:

Cheers Ivan!

No, don't be silly! Because of lots of commitments and Hev doing a pgce starting in Sep prob 2016...
OP jezb1 14 May 2014
In reply to jezb1:

One more top tip...

If it's really windy, the big bridge on the toll road gets closed which when your not expecting it, makes for a panicked detour whilst worrying if you'll miss you flight!

Thankfully made it and am now cruising at 35,000ft !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...