UKC

'wet garlic' recipes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 13 May 2014

Hi all,

We got a stick of 'wet' garlic last week and I have no idea what to do with it (edit: other than use it as normal garlic, but that seems a shame). Anyone got any recommendations/recipes?

(not sure which forum recipe requests go in...)
Post edited at 16:05
 obi-wan nick b 13 May 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:
didn't know what it was so had to look it up resulting in:
The heads can be roasted whole and the creamy cooked garlic is delicious spread on toast or mixed with butter and used on vegetables or in baked potatoes. The flavour is strong, but smooth and not at all bitter.

While the stalks are fresh and green they can be cooked like leeks or finely sliced and used to make soup, omelettes or garnish salads.
 Mike Stretford 13 May 2014
In reply to Tall Clare: It's really nice in salads.

Phil79 13 May 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

We occasionally eat it, its milder than dried garlic and you can use it as an addition to salad, stick it in omelettes, etc.

Some good ideas here -
http://www.riverford.co.uk/ndv/catalogsearch/result/?q=wet+garlic
 Blue Straggler 13 May 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

>

> (not sure which forum recipe requests go in...)

Culture Bunker but only if they involve yeast, yoghurt, cheese or mushrooms.

In reply to Tall Clare:

I've been messing about making pizza base garlic bread. Should be good with wet garlic and far too much butter (which is good for you this week). Or soup.
 Philip 13 May 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

> Hi all,

> We got a stick of 'wet' garlic last week and I have no idea what to do with it (edit: other than use it as normal garlic, but that seems a shame). Anyone got any recommendations/recipes?

Riverford? We got wet garlic in ours and I put it in a pasta sauce. In previous years I've used it in a quiche.
 aln 14 May 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

I had to Google this, turns out it's fresh garlic. Like the stuff you pull out if the ground if you grow garlic. Use it the same way you use shop bought garlic, tastes the same. Unless I have a terribly unrefined palate.
 Cú Chullain 14 May 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

Pesto, make lots of pesto!
OP Tall Clare 14 May 2014
I made this for lunch: http://www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/view/recipe/chicken-wet-garlic-lentils

Very good - the garlic is very subtle.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...