UKC

Tim Sherwood's Treatment by Spurs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 13 May 2014
What a disgrace. If I was a Spurs fan I'd be embarrassed by his treatment. I don't know what more he could have done. Perhaps Levy should fall on his sword instead?
 Banned User 77 14 May 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Sort of agree, but he also went in fists swinging and this was only going to end this way.. he made too many statements during the season for it to be anything but this..
 Greenbanks 14 May 2014

Unproven and so could not afford to be as verbally vigorous (if honest) as some of the older hands
 jack_44 14 May 2014

Unfortunate, I would rather stick with Sherwood as opposed to the continual change in managers. The club needs a bit of stability. Levy will have to make the right choice now, and stick with him.
In reply to jack_44:

Sacking Redknapp was strange.. they were flying until the England job came up and that caused a massive wobble.. which was the FA's fault as much as anyones.

But I dont think AVB was doing a bad job, they'd done well, sold Bale and then had massive restructuring, another wobble was a foregone conclusion TBH.. and now last I saw AVB is doing well in Russia.

I dont think players like instability at all and can't see them making 4th again this season.

I worry about De Gea at Man U, this is his 3rd goal keeping coach in 3 seasons.. in a crucial time in his development, I'd have kept woods on as he was doing well with De Gea who, with Januzaj, was one of our few bright spots for the season..
 wynaptomos 14 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> I worry about De Gea at Man U, this is his 3rd goal keeping coach in 3 seasons.. in a crucial time in his development, I'd have kept woods on as he was doing well with De Gea who, with Januzaj, was one of our few bright spots for the season..

So why was Woods sacked, any idea? Agree with you, though - De Gea seems to be well on the way to being a world class keeper.
In reply to wynaptomos:

Just like Steele was, they bring in a whole new package.. I'd imagine Woods will follow Moyes which I reckon will be Villa.. Managers like coaching units they trust so they often move enmasse.. I think that was Moyes's biggest mistake though, getting rid of Phelan, Rene, Steele.. gradual change was needed.

I think Spurs would be a disaster.

Moyes is getting a really hard deal.. Everton played much better football over the last few seasons under Moyes than people remember, they just think it was all pragmatic 1-0's... look at the players who he developed who are the core of Martinez's team (Baines, Coleman, Barkley, Osman, Naismith, Jagielka, Distin, Stones, Howard).. all good footballers, just honest pros as well... Then Rodwell and Rooney..

If Moyes was all set pieces and rigid formations why did he sign such good footballers, Martinez has done well but they only scored a few more goals and a few more points, which as it was a young team you never know how they'd have done under Moyes..

He had a bad time at United, but I do think the start just fell badly and once the confidence went from him and the players he was up against it and went back to defensive play and it didn't work.

But he's a top manager and would do well at a club like Villa.
andymac 14 May 2014

There was of course the dressing room incident ,which was brushed under the carpet.

Sherwood is a bit of a geezer ,and a Gooner .

He's best of out of it anyway.God knows who Levy would go and sign.

Who would want to work under him?
 jack_44 14 May 2014

The man I want to see back in charge is Harry, but that's not going to happen. Likely to see Pochetino or De Boar, and 2 years down the line be in exactly the same place discussing the next Tottenham manager. Shame, under Harry we were close to being the best team in London, but the ensuing instability has led to the disorganisation we now have.
In reply to jack_44:

Either would be good, would De Beour go? but they need to be given a few years. Levy must know its do or die for him now as constant sacking the manager eventually comes back on those appointing..

I don't think Harry would have anything to do with Spurs again.. a pity as it was probably his last shot at a top position.

Southampton have supposedly started negotiating over Pochetino, which is surprising. He fits the style Spurs are looking for. I didnt like that he replaced Adkins, but tbf he's done a much better job. If they sell Lallana and Shaw, then lose Pochetino, you have to worry about them.

In reply to jack_44:
I think Levy will fire the next manager if he fails to qualify for the Champions League.
Spurs is not an attractive proposition for a manager because you go there for the compensation when you get fired.
 Banned User 77 15 May 2014
In reply to I like climbing:

I dont know.. AVB did OK.. how much has he had 10 million in compensation and agreed a fat deal with St Petersburg? 6 million a season..

I'd take it...
In reply to IainRUK:

Me too !
 jack_44 15 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Will be interesting with De Boar.

Would like to see Pochettino there, but personally I liked having Sherwood involved, someone who had been at the club for a few years. And an ex player.

After reading Harry's autobiography I can't see him going back to Tottenham.

But I think this appointment will be the most important Levy has had to call, as the merry-go-round of managers has got beyond a joke and the squad has never been this disorganised. Part of me would like to see Gus Poyet there, not that its a great idea, but I thought he was a great player for us and he has done so well at Sunderland. But he isn't experienced enough right now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...