UKC

Sheffield Outdoor Economy Survey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john horscroft 14 May 2014
If you live in Sheffield, please complete the survey and help prove to Sheffield City Council that outdoor pursuits really do help to make Sheffield the great place it is!

http://www.sircsurveys.com/votingmodule/s180/f/612316/5db3/

Cheers all!
 Chris the Tall 14 May 2014
In reply to john horscroft:

Done

Not sure if the BMC or Ride Sheffield count as clubs, but I put them down !

And the question "Which parts of the city do you cycle in" was tricky as it would be easier to say where I don't cycle - and that list is diminishing as tonight I'm off to Wincobank and Cote de Jenkin Hill !
 Dan Arkle 14 May 2014

Hi John, great work, you are my favourite activist!

I wondered if it would be useful to point out to people that lots of the Eastern Moors are in Sheffield City Council's jurastriction. Burbage Valley, Higgar, Millstone, Strines Moor, almost everything East of Stanage. Burbage is actually owned by the City (who bought it to flood into a reservoir in 1928!).

Or is this intended to focus more on parks and city usage?
Post edited at 11:47
 Jimbo C 14 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Good point about the Eastern moors - plus the valleys West of Sheffield; Porter Brook, Rivelin, Loxley
 Shani 14 May 2014

Done.
 deepsoup 14 May 2014
In reply to Jimbo C:
> - plus the valleys West of Sheffield; Porter Brook, Rivelin, Loxley

And further North again - the Ewden Valley, the Howden, Langsett, Broomhead and Bradfield Moors.

Also, outside the Peak park, Wharncliffe crag and Greno Wood.
(But not Wharncliffe Wood - that's Barnsley.)

Thanks all. In answer to Dan, the Sheffield/Peak link is really important. Feel free to bang on about it! For my money, both SCC and the Peak National Park Authority massively underestimate just how symbiotic a relationship they have. Best we make it blindingly obvious!

Emsee1 14 May 2014

Done.
 Sam Beaton 15 May 2014

done

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...