UKC

RIP Stephen Sutton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hardy 14 May 2014
The world can be divided into sinks and radiators. Stephen was definitely a radiator.

'Cancer sucks, but life is great'

RIP http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/14/stephen-sutton-dies-in-his-s...
In reply to 999thAndy:

What a kid. What an absolute tragedy. Shed a few tears.

Martin
 mypyrex 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

Sad news but truly amazing that the donations are flooding in to the JustGiving site - at a rate of several hundred pounds per minute.
 drunken monkey 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

What a brave and inspirational guy.
cap'nChino 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

Im not one for feeling the death of a known person, but he did seem like a good egg with his heart in the right place who achieved a hell of a lot in a short space of time.

RIP
redsonja 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

really sad. what a brave guy
 mypyrex 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

I trust that those who slagged him off on the social media, saying it was all a put up job, feel suitably shamed.
 Bob 14 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

There were those who slagged Jane Tomlinson off when she was doing her charity challenges. To her and her families credit they rose above it. Having seen I hope that they and whoever has been slagging off Stephen Sutton are embarrassed and ashamed but sadly I doubt it.
Pan Ron 14 May 2014
In reply to Bob:

Fortunately, if the "slagging" had been happening on Facebook, then there would be no cloak of anonymity for the various cretins to now hide behind and suitable shame will follow. No doubt there's a lot of crap on various message boards though.
 elsewhere 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

Those were great words from him and now from his mother on Facebook.

A ridiculously impressive character.
 Yanis Nayu 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

What a thoroughly impressive young man.
 mypyrex 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

JustGiving donations are heading for £3.5m
In reply to 999thAndy:

Did more good in 19 years than most of us will do in our lives.

RIP young man.
 mypyrex 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

£3.5m!
In reply to 999thAndy:
Didnt even know about him and saw him on news at ten. He didnt seem the type who would be thankful of peoples sorrow so, young man, i raise a drink in celebration of your life and raise a smile at the massive benefit to others that money will be.
Post edited at 22:34
 Banned User 77 14 May 2014
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Aye came across as a great guy, I liked how honest he was, even about the anger he had over the misdiagnoses, but to deal with that and then look to do so much good was impressive.
Removed User 14 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:
What an amazing person. My utmost sympathies to his family. To face, and defy (last month) death with courage and humour. To have achieved so much in such a short time. Huge admiration. Chapeau Sir.
Post edited at 23:17
 Timmd 15 May 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

> Did more good in 19 years than most of us will do in our lives.

That's just what I was thinking earlier.

mypyrex 15 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

Wondering if there is some way that this chap's name can be honoured for posterity.

OP Andy Hardy 15 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I think he'll be remembered for the good he did long after you and I are done and dusted.
 DerwentDiluted 15 May 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

Its not the days in your life its the life in your days.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...