UKC

Ilkley highline

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
aaren 14 May 2014
Does anyone know how long a slackline you need for the Ilkley quarry gap? I think mine is long enough from looking at it but it might be close.
 Baron Weasel 14 May 2014
In reply to aaren:

Where I first rigged it the gap was 15.5m with substantially more needed to sling stuff as back ups. Have seen pictures when other people have rigged it and they crossed the gap at a different point which looked wider. Takes a little skill to rig - have you rigged any other highlines?
aaren 15 May 2014
In reply to Baron Weasel:

Thanks for that. I've only the 15m line so that probably won't work.

Not done a highline before. I had a look at possible anchors the other day and thought it looked alright (big block in between wellington crack and stomach traverse, and another set back higher up). Was planning to use some static rope with steel krabs to anchor. Also maybe a separate backup rope taped to the bottom of the line. Need to replace my ratchet with a pulley as well.

I'm pretty happy with my hanging belays, but have some practice to do before I'd rig a highline. Will obv try all this at low level first.

Possibly all a bit moot right now as I've only recently got back into slacklining in any amount. Just thought Ilkley would be a good summer project
 chalkyjim 15 May 2014
In reply to aaren:

Deer gallows near crookrise has a great opening for high lining. Also hawkcliffe has a good one. Both do able with a 15m line
J
 Baron Weasel 20 May 2014
In reply to aaren:

Top of Braille trail to Equilibrium at Burbage South is a good 1st highline. Easier to rig and walk, just take lots of padding as grit is pretty abrasive!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...