UKC

Budget Airline 10/10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 15 May 2014
Earlier this year we booked a holiday in Spain for three of us. Unfortunately, owing to various questions about my brother in law's health that I needed to resolve I did not at the time apply for insurance - I normally do it at the time of booking.

A few weeks later my own problems kicked off and I thought "Oh sh*t, no insurance, good-bye £1000"

I contacted the owners of the villa we were renting and within two days they had refunded my money. My thoughts about the air fare were that I would have to write it off. However I wrote to the airline explaining my predicament and was pleasantly surprised to get a letter from them asking for a statement from my consultant for "further consideration". I sent that off on Friday last week and was pleasantly surprised to find this morning that money had been refunded into my bank account. Admittedly not the full amount for the three of us but a third.

Despite occasional adverse publicity about budget airlines I would like to award Jet2.com 10/10 *****.

When I've used them before I've always had good service from them.
redsonja 15 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

that's really good to hear and its very nice of you to tell us all. A couple of years ago I had amazing service on Christmas day, from Air Baltic. budget airlines are really quite ok
 ByEek 15 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I've used Jet2 a couple of times. They definitely seem a cut above the average budget airline.

I also got a good tip regarding Easyjet. Their flexi tickets allow you to change the time of travel by a few weeks. So if you are on holiday in the school hols, buy your "cheaper" flight a few weeks previously and then change your date of travel for free.
 d508934 15 May 2014
In reply to ByEek:

I saw this on money saving expert email this week - must be a software glitch or oversight on easyjets part - now that the word is out, i wonder how long it will last!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 15 May 2014
In reply to ByEek:

Well as the Flexifare can be up to four times the cost of a regular fare it isn't a great way of saving really!

Chris
 ByEek 15 May 2014
In reply to Chris Craggs:

> Well as the Flexifare can be up to four times the cost of a regular fare it isn't a great way of saving really!

I guess it depends if the off-peak-season flexi fare is cheaper than the peak-season non-flexi fare?
OP mypyrex 15 May 2014
Just had a letter from Jet2 confirming the refund. It is the politest, most courteous and best written letter I have received from a business for many a year. Such manners, I'm afraid, tend to be a bit thin on the ground nowadays. I'm also highly impressed by the speed with which they dealt with the matter. The letter concluded with sending me best wishes.

I WILL be flying with Jet2 again as soon as I can.

10/10

Blue Straggler 15 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Nice one. Jet2 often come in for praise on these forums. I've used them a few times and I like them. They are one of the few budget airlines that have sensible flight times. I am too old for this whole "stay up till 1am to get to the airport for 3am for a 5am flight"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...