UKC

edelweiss oxygen II half ropes - any experience/opinions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jmills94 15 May 2014
just wondering if anyone has any input about what they think of these or any comparisons.

cheers
 oliverk 15 May 2014
In reply to jmills94:

I have a 60m pair which I got primarily for winter climbing as I thought they were a good compromise between weight, impact force and durability.

Have only used them for about a year but found they handle well, don't tangle too badly and still looking great so far.
OP jmills94 15 May 2014
In reply to oliverk:

i was thinking of getting them mainly for trad and some alpine rock in the summer. Do you think they would be overkill/unsuited for extensive uk trad use?
 oliverk 15 May 2014
In reply to jmills94:

They would probably be fine for trad but maybe a little on the skinny side for some people's tastes.

If I was going to buy new ropes primarily for trad, but which could be used for occasional winter/alpine I would either get Mammut Genesis (better for durability) or Beal Cobras (lower impact force but don't last as long). Those two options are probably on the expensive side though.
OP jmills94 15 May 2014
In reply to oliverk:

thanks for the advise! the genesis look good but these being described as 'ultra hard wearing' made them more appealing (and the price!)

any more info out there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...