UKC

Basic video editing software

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oo 15 May 2014
Not strictly photography, but pretty close...

Took a few videos out climbing the other day with the intention of having a little play putting them together, little soundtrack - the full on cliché. The camera is a basic Olympus point and shoot tough camera and creates .mp4 videos that VLC happily plays. I can't get any free editing programs to open up the files, nor can I get a converter to convert them into anything openable. I've gone through a load of video editing forums, which seem to be written in a higher level of nerd than I am familiar with.

So, I'm hoping someone on here has done a similar thing and knows the right cocktail of programs to download and how to install them. Anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Oo
 d_b 16 May 2014
In reply to Oo:

A colleague of mine swears by camtasia. He doesn't do anything fancy, just marketing videos.
 balmybaldwin 16 May 2014
In reply to Oo:

Do you know what codec it uses? Then search for an editor that can read that. Adobe premier elements will open most things, but then it costs money
OP Oo 16 May 2014
Thanks for the suggestions but I'm looking for free software only. WOn't get enough use out of it to justify paying for anything.
 balmybaldwin 16 May 2014
In reply to Oo:

There's a 30 day free trial version.

Have you been able to find which codec it uses?
 balmybaldwin 16 May 2014
In reply to Oo:
try here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/moviemaker-av/videos-f...

Probably the same codec - once you have that installed you shouldn't have any problems with the usual freebie editors
Post edited at 20:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...