UKC

wintours leap help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lloydfletch 15 May 2014
Hello all,

Just looking for a bit of info on wintours. was thinking of climbing there saturday, but have no guidebook. im a student and will be moving back to edinburgh in just over a month, so this is likely to be my only trip. might sound cheap, but i really don't want to invest in a book for one visit. was wondering if there are likely to be enough people about for me to just take pics of pages from their guides from my phone? no idea how popular the place is. in fact, is it popular enough to have all multi-pitch at hs and below be jammed?

thanks in advance!
OP Lloydfletch 15 May 2014
In reply to Firestarter:

thanks. would use that to get me to the right bits of the crag, but there aren't any topos for the classic easy climbs.
 Firestarter 15 May 2014
In reply to Heddwyn:
www.-club.co.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/.../lwv_wyndcliff.pdf

Ok, try this one.....

It's from 'Wynd Cliff - The Climbers'Club'
Post edited at 22:37
 Bobling 15 May 2014
In reply to Heddwyn:

I'd think with good weather there would be quite a few people there but it's a big potentially confusing place so you are taking a gamble - especially as it is predominantly multipitch so you could find yourself lost half way up a cliff!

I'd think you'd be very unlucky to find all HS and below jammed, but would encounter other parties on these routes - but that's good cos then they could tell you where to go eh?

You should be able to find Left Hand Route and Right Hand Route on North Wall easily enough, but things like Central Rib Route and Zelda take a bit of finding - especially the start of Central Rib Route.

Good luck!
OP Lloydfletch 15 May 2014
In reply to Bobling:

thanks for the info. the link above gives directions and orientation at the cliff, and with ukc i reckon i could figure out where stuff is roughly. would just hope to bump into someone with a guide, and take pics of the topos/descriptions on my phone to take that on the routes with me. i tend to do that on multipitch to avoid taking the guide where possible anyways.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...