UKC

Any UKC's in the Guinness book of records( past or present)?!PL

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jim C 16 May 2014
Following Ava's enlightening , what have you done that no one else has thread, I wondered if anyone on here has held , or involved in any Guinness book of records attempts. ( of any type)

If not, what record would you think you would have your best shot at attempting?
( personal sexual records don't count)
 wilkie14c 16 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

Not me but my climbing partner. He is the first Englishman to both sail and row solo across the Atlantic.

My own record attempt? The number of unlikely places to skin a fag up? Impressive list inc all the welsh 3000's, inn pinn, most peak/lake/wales belays, sat on adam/eve, deep underground in rosydd...
I may have to start smoking again to make this a reality though.
In reply to wilkie14c: I was part of the team that built the world's largest atomically correct model of DNA, which was recognised by the GBR. There was a certificate and everything.

T.

wilkie14c 16 May 2014
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

not sure what any of that means but impressive all the same!
Jim C 16 May 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

> not sure what any of that means but impressive all the same!

Your right, we need a photo
In reply to Jim C:

Was involved in the record for most people juggling at once. There were about 3,000 or so of us attending the European Juggling and Circus Skills Conference.
 Al Evans 17 May 2014
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

I think Chris the Tall may well have been in for being one of the singers on John Otway's version of one of Bob Dylans songs, can't remember which, that was in for having the most backing singers on any pop record hit (I think it was the B side). No doubt CTT will correct my memory of this.
 lost1977 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

not yet but i have found myself looking at 4 power lifting records and thinking that could be achievable if i got my head in the right place
Jim C 17 May 2014
In reply to lost1977:

> not yet but i have found myself looking at 4 power lifting records and thinking that could be achievable if i got my head in the right place

What records are they, sounds interesting?
 Rich K 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

I wasn't involved but the school I went to had the record for the tallest tomato plant.
 lost1977 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

squat, bench press , dead lift and overall totals for one of the lower body weight classes. lost a hell of a lot of weight unplanned and then realised if i could regain the strength without gaining the weight back. hardest bit will be seeing if i can keep my bodyweight low enough
Clauso 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

I drink in the same boozer as the bloke who holds the Guinness record for the fastest London Marathon dressed as a baby. He also plays Bob Hope, on Emmerdale, in his spare time.
 The Lemming 17 May 2014
In reply to Rich K:

> I wasn't involved but the school I went to had the record for the tallest tomato plant.

Is this turning into a Radio 2 'Top Tenuous'?

Now that would be interesting. If you have not been a record breaker, what is your most tenuous link to a record breaker?

I'd say that the tomato plant is in the number one slot.
In reply to Jim C:

Drew Haigh (dirtbag1) was a past participant
 wilkie14c 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if mike Lates holds the record for the most inn pinn accents?
Jim C 17 May 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

> Not me but my climbing partner. He is the first Englishman to both sail and row solo across the Atlantic.

"After 3,000 miles of pain and suffering, a naked young man from Surrey has become the fastest man to row across the Atlantic on his own."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/9015188/Race-to-row-across-the-At...
 wilkie14c 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:
This is what life is like out there:

youtube.com/watch?v=C5ZZF0i7MgE&

There are quite a few that have done the row, Indian ocean is popular too. Remember the girl who'd ran out of food on the last few days of the Indian ocean row a few years back? Wind was pushing her back constantly but she made it in the end. IIRC that was the sister boat of Dave Clarke's
Its not for me that game!
Post edited at 16:22
llechwedd 17 May 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

> Now that would be interesting. If you have not been a record breaker, what is your most tenuous link to a record breaker?

On a big walk, several weeks after part of a mouthful of noodles went 'the wrong way', I sneezed and finally disloged them from my nasal cavity.

So I claim to have played host to the noodle with the most munro ascents.

wilkie14c 17 May 2014
In reply to llechwedd:

You can only claim that if you still have the noodle
 pog100 17 May 2014
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

That's very odd, I was going to say exactly the same thing. Who are you, then?
> I was part of the team that built the world's largest atomically correct model of DNA, which was recognised by the GBR. There was a certificate and everything.

> T.

Jim C 17 May 2014
In reply to pog100:
I love a happy ending, I have brought two long lost record breakers together by my thread.

( how big is this model anyway ?)
Jim C 17 May 2014
In reply to pog100:

> That's very odd, I was going to say exactly the same thing. Who are you, then?

Both of you have links that give good images of one another , and one has a named Flickr account.
 Toby_W 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:
My mate has just set the record for the fastest marathon time (London) run whilst dressed as a toilet.

Cheers

Toby
Jim C 17 May 2014
In reply to Toby_W:

> My mate has just set the record for the fastest marathon time (London) run whilst dressed as a toilet.

> Cheers

> Toby

I will get in quick with....
He must have been flushed with success.

( or maybe others were just avoiding the obvious)
 wilkie14c 17 May 2014
In reply to Toby_W:

How did he cope with the weight of running in it? did he have a cistern?
mgco3 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

If 3 days army service is the shortest ever recorded then I claim the record!!
Jim C 17 May 2014
In reply to mgco3:

> If 3 days army service is the shortest ever recorded then I claim the record!!

Dishonourable discharge ?
llechwedd 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

> I will get in quick with....

> He must have been flushed with success.

> ( or maybe others were just avoiding the obvious)

He must have phoned that number on the wall that promises you a good time when you go in a public toilet.
 ebygomm 17 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

I was part of the world's largest pillow fight. I think the record only stood for around 3 months though.
Kipper 18 May 2014
In reply to mgco3:

> If 3 days army service is the shortest ever recorded then I claim the record!!

I've done less than 12 hours on 2 occasions (maybe 3, I've lost count).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...