UKC

Anyone here want to climb with me in the Arapiles in June?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim Chappell 17 May 2014
While I'm in Australia as a Visiting Professor at Finders in Adelaide next month, I'm going to have some free time, probably the weekend of June 6 or June 13. It sounds like Arapiles is a good place to go. But I don't have a partner. Anyone on here who might be that partner?

I prefer trad to sport but I enjoy both. I won't have a rack or a rope with me, for weight reasons.

Anyone know how you pronounce it, by the way?
 tony 17 May 2014
In reply to Tim Chappell:

Chockstone is the Australian equivalent to UKC and will be the best way to find a partner:
http://www.chockstone.org/
 james1978 17 May 2014

Just call it Araps and you'll be fine.

(a-rap-i-leeez)
 JamButty 17 May 2014

You paying?

Tim Chappell 18 May 2014
In reply to JamButty:

Run along now, I don't climb with dirtbags
 Solaris 19 May 2014

For my money, Tim, I'd be heading north to Moonarie. It's about the same travel time but a much more interesting and varied journey, the climbing is not as good overall as at Araps, but for a one-off visit you'd not notice, and there's great bush-walking (on the edge of the real outback) if the weather is foul - and being further north than Araps, it could be better than there.
 glaramara 20 May 2014

Might be a tad warm tim? Very cool if u do get out there though, looks fantastic, unlike much of aussie which quite frankly looks dull.
 Solaris 20 May 2014
In reply to glaramara:

> Might be a tad warm tim?

In winter? Could be wet and cold, could be dry and low 20s.

MikeTS 21 May 2014

A raps is a unique experience . Bit of a journey from Adelaide. Isn't there a uni climbing club?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...