UKC

bank holiday grit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hay 18 May 2014

My buddy's coming down for the weekend & he's not been on grit & thought some where close like birchen or gardoms would be a good start but not sure if these crags get overly busy on a bank holidays as don't want to be fighting for a pitch, or have climbers waiting for us to finish a route, any advice would be much appreciated. I'm Nottingham based so any other suggested crags not to far off would be welcome too?
Regards Stack.
Post edited at 21:22
 gingerwolf 18 May 2014
In reply to Andy Hay:

I was at Birchen last bank holiday weekend, on the Sunday, and there were a few people around but by no means queueing for routes or anything crazy like that!
It was quite pleasant actually!
 Jon Stewart 18 May 2014
In reply to Andy Hay:

A good bet can be the unfrequented bit of Stanage between the Causeway and High Neb. Some great routes along there too (Titanic Direct is a brilliant HVS for example - there are good lower grade routes too, maybe not so good for harder stuff).

If you can be arsed (sounds like probably not) then up on the moors is great if the weather's hot and you want to get away from the crowds.
OP Andy Hay 19 May 2014
In reply to gingerwolf:

thanks for the headsup, we'll be getting away early so can make our mind up on arrival.
Kind regards Stack.
OP Andy Hay 19 May 2014
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Thanks for that John we'll see how things fare & may sample Stanage if it's going to be a more viable option.
Kind Regards Stack.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...