UKC

How Lucky I Am.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 19 May 2014

Having just had my second chemo - feeling a bit off colour today - I've just been thinking how lucky I am to have such a caring "other half". She really is looking after me but I feel for her especially at the moment as she has a bad cold.

Makes me wonder how other similarly ill manage without perhaps the support of a caring family to do things which so often we take for granted.

Any thoughts?
Post edited at 17:15
VwJap 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Like! 😃

Good luck with your recovery
 Tall Clare 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Good to hear that your treatment is going well.

I was talking about this with a friend recently - she had a mountain bike accident in which she royally smashed up her knee, and then ended up having a stroke while they were fixing that. She's back home from hospital now and feeling very grateful that her partner is around to help out, especially as she's in a wheelchair and they live out in the sticks.

It must be very tough if you don't have family and friends around.
Removed User 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

> Any thoughts?

Didn't realise you going through this. Very best wishes and glad you have such a positive attitude and are cared for so well.
Removed User 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Likewise to Biped, I had no idea you were ill, or had a problem. I looked at your earlier posts and I was away over most of March/April/May so missed them. So I'd like to wish you all the very best and hope everything goes okay and that you get better. It's nice to know you are well looked after, tell her that I said she is a star.
 marsbar 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Glad to hear its going ok and that you have someone to look after you.
 JamButty 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Good luck with your treatment

My other half I believe would be fantastic, and I just hope I could be the same for her if we ended up in similar positions.
 Choss 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Any Thoughts?

Yes Mate. I tried to respond, but felt it would just Sound trite.

Best wishes.
 Gordonbp 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Not anything like that, but two years ago had a MAJOR depression which culminated in not leaving the house for two months. Couldn't have got through without the huge and total support of the other half and latterly, this:
http://www.climbout.co.uk/

I hope all goes well and you come through what must be a harrowing time...
OP mypyrex 19 May 2014
In reply to All:
Thanks for good wishes and support
 bluebealach 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
I was quite happy on my own for many years but when I got ill 18 months ago I realised the feelings I had for someone ought to be shared.

We have been together ever since and seems to just get stronger - and in answer to your question, I've really no idea how I would have got through it without her!!

Good luck on you continuing treatment mate.
Post edited at 20:28
 Indy 19 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
A FOAF told me at the weekend that an old man that had been a missionary in south america most of his life and retired to a 1 bed flat about 10 years ago was found dead. The police broke down the door after others in the building had complained about a very bad smell coming from his flat. The police were met by a wall of flies and a badly decomposing body. He had a paupers funeral and left no assets.

There but for the grace of God.

Hope things go well for you!)
Post edited at 20:32
redsonja 19 May 2014
In reply to Indy:

sad story
OP mypyrex 21 May 2014

Further to my earlier comments; it also occurs to me that it must be devastating for somebody who has led an active live, climbing walking etc., to be struck down with an immobilising condition such as MS or MND. As undesirable as my own situation is I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel whereas others seem to be far less fortunate. A case of counting one's blessings?

I don't even seem to be feeling any self pity. I hope that's good.

I hope UKC don't mind me keeping a sort of diary on here.
Post edited at 13:40
OP mypyrex 21 May 2014
I was on some anti-nausea tablets. I thought they were made of champagne. They were called DomPeridone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...