UKC

Is there a way to remove wind noises from video?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 20 May 2014
As it says on the tin, is there any way to remove wind and breeze noise from small video cameras or mobile phones at the time of recording outside?

I'm not after any post processing suggestions, at the moment at least but rather removing the distracting noise at capture.
 balmybaldwin 20 May 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Big fluffy things on your microphones (if they are accessible) this sort of thing: https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DT3ANXrINJ...
 The Ivanator 20 May 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Eat less beans.
 Hairy Pete 20 May 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
At the time of recording you'll want a woolly condom for the microphone.

Basically you want a pop-shield. They're usually foam and or soft fabric arranged to prevent the wind from directly hitting the microphone. Look at what the BBC use on their outside braodcasts - most of the furry microphone is just a soft-fabric windshield/diffuser.
Post edited at 17:00
OP The Lemming 20 May 2014
In reply to Hairy Pete:

> At the time of recording you'll want a woolly condom for the microphone.

Ahh

My kit just has a small camera and a pin-hole where the microphone is hidden behind. So I'm guessing that I would stick some fluff over the hole?
 Carolyn 20 May 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Do you want to still capture other noise, such as voices? I'm assuming so - but if not, there are easy solutions
In reply to Carolyn:

> Do you want to still capture other noise, such as voices?

Yes please. Even the slightest breeze with phones and small cameras creates awful noises. But I'm guessing that this has to be accepted when the microphone hides behind a pin-hole?
In reply to The Lemming:

tape a piece of open-cell foam over the microphone port. job done

see fleabay item 221324748715 as an example
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:

I'll give it a go.

Cheers muchly
Removed User 28 May 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

not related to wind noise but I thought that this might interest you (if you've not already seen it that it) obviously its for the GoPro but I would imagine its applicable to any of the cameras. possibly handy anyway vimeo.com/74307382

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...