UKC

recommend me a 2/3 day walk plz.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gazfellows 21 May 2014
Hi. Ma and my partner are wanting to get out this weeken walikin as are trip to llanberis lookvery wet this weekend, so we've decided an alternative to go and walk for a few days.
we haven't really got that many miles under our belt as were mostly away climing! So if you have any suggestions I'd be very greatfull. O and somewhere in Derbyshir would be great and if it had a pub at the end of it, that would be even better!

Thanx....
 Brass Nipples 21 May 2014
In reply to gazfellows:

Part of the limestone way maybe
In reply to gazfellows:

The White to Dark walk. 27 miles from Bakewell to Hope. Full mapping/directions at www.livefortheoutdoors/w2d. Excellent walk spread over 3 easy days. Handy leaflets in tourist info offices. Nik
 d_b 21 May 2014
In reply to gazfellows:

Derwent Watershed makes a good 2 day walk. I did it from Bamford Station, but IIRC the "official" start and end is at the Yorkshire Bridge pub. It has one camp/bivvy in the middle, or if you are a superhuman fell runner you can do it in a day

I would need to look up the exact route description, but I just had a a quick scan of the map and I think it goes like this:

Up Win Hill, Drop down the other side to the north of Hope, and up Lose Hill.

Follow the ridge to Mam Tor, then carry on over Lords Seat & Brown Knoll until you pick up the Pennine Way.

Follow the Pennine Way until you get to Bleaklow Head. Then head East until you reach Bleaklow Stones. This is where I bivvied when I did it.

Head NNE from Bleaklow Stones, over Featherbed Moss to Howden Edge. Follow this, and Outer Edge to Margery Hill, and keep following the edge around to Dovestone Tor.

Drop off the back of Dovestone Tor and pick up Strines Edge. Follow this down to the A57, cross over the road and pick up the end of Stanage Edge.

Follow Stanage edge a ways, then cut off somewhere between Crow Chin and the causeway. Pass Bamford Edge by the N or S, depending on start/end point and drop down to finish.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...