UKC

advice on jewellery protector

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sharp 22 May 2014
I'm looking to put some sort of protective coating on a pair of earrings, they're kind of pot or something with painting on and some kind of shiny coating over them (www.tinyurl.com/qy3vxen)

All I've found through google is stuff aimed at metallic jewellery but I'm worried it'll react with whatever's on it already. Any suggestions of something clear that I could coat them with. They're kind of sentimental, I know there's already some kind of coating on them but I'd be happier with an extra layer but I definitely don't want it to change the appearance or damage them. Any suggestions...shellac, clear nail polish?
 tlm 22 May 2014
In reply to Sharp:

They look ceramic to me, with glaze on?

I'm not sure that nail polish would be as strong as the glaze, and might yellow over time?

Go on - you know that you are dying to tell us the story behind them!
OP Sharp 22 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

Hehe, I think that would probably slide into the oversharing category!

You're probably right that they'll be fine, it's just I had a different pair but with them all the painting wore off around my sweaty neck! Although that was over maybe 8 years of constant wear and I think they were pretty matt in finish as well so maybe these will be harder wearing...or maybe I'm just asking too much!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...