UKC

Trevor Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 22 May 2014
Off here tomorrow morning from Plymski for supposed sport climbing(?!), it does how ever look pretty damp. What else is there for a wet day or two? Any easy long scrambles? Climbing wall near by? Good pub, a good pub for dinner would also be a nice recommendation if any one knows of one?

I'm the only one with any long mountain days and never as the leader so easy scramble would need to bear it in mind. If this is the case is there a shop nearby as I'll be navving to grab an OS map? We will have full trad racks + a 50m sinlge and 60m double so protecting it shouldn't be an issue.
 The Ivanator 22 May 2014
In reply to fire_munki:

If it's raining then carry on to Snowdonia (no more than an hour) loads of scrambling options at all grades, plenty go in the wet. The Beacon Climbing Centre is the best wall in North Wales (between Caernarfon & Llanberis).
I have climbed at Trevor and Trad at Pinfold, there are some good lines but bar pleasant walking countryside precious little in the way of wet weather options. So much more in Snowdonia, including lots of friendly grade Sports climbs on the Slate (try some of the levels in Australia like the Sidings) if that is an important element.
 Os_878 22 May 2014
In reply to fire_munki:

Snowdon or a55 sport would be my fall back if I wanted dry in Wales/ that area.
 Jack_Lewin 22 May 2014
In reply to fire_munki:

Climbing walls you have Plas Power in Wrexham or the boardroom further north in queensferry. Good food at the Corn mill in Llangollen. There's an outdoor shop there for your map. You could walk along the canal from there too. Or up into the hills towards worlds end.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...