UKC

Ailefroide - Article in ???Climber 2006-7

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Does anyone have a copy of the article, with photos from this period, or any knowledge of published info from UK mags since then.
Had a great trip there, first week of September 2007, end of season, ace campsite with perfect weather.
Looking to return next year.
Thanks in advance
Adrian
 Joyce 24 May 2014
In reply to ade sheffield:

I've just been for a lookie see and found an article about 'multipitch rock alpinism' in the Ecrin. It features some climbs in Ailefroide. It's about rock climbing rather than summiting alps. If that'd do, then PM me your email and I can scan the article in and send it your way. Failing that, I went to Ailefroide last summer and I found that it was: a) ace and b) there was trad and sport (mostly sport) climbing at all angles and route lengths to go at. That's before you think about getting into the Alpine stuff. There's a good guidebook you can pick up in the local climbing shops for a reasonable price.

Joyce
 Joyce 24 May 2014

I should add that the article was in Climb in June, 2005.

Joyce
 Ian Parsons 24 May 2014

A couple of pieces from Jerry Gore:

- Ailefroide the French Yosemite; Climber June 2007 (presumably the one you mention?)

- Spring Breaks; Climb Feb 2008 (a few paragraphs on Les Ecrins, including route recommendations.)

I assume you've googled "Ailefroide"; seems to bring up quite a lot.

I have the article in Climber June 2007 by Jerry Gore.

I suppose I could scan this and then send it to you. It may be the same article that Joyce has referred to however. If not PM your email and I will send it to you.

Its somewhere I intend to visit myself. I have heard many good reports about it.

Patrick
In reply to Patrick Winters:

Joyce, Ian, Patrick, yes that was it, the Jerry Gore article, could you scan and send please?
I need to sell the trip to my mates !
My profile pic is of a route there 5+/ 6a ish.

Hi
I live 20 mins down the road from Ailefroide, if you need any more info happy to help, also if you don't get the article I can ask jerry to email you a copy?

Cheers rob
 MaranaF 26 May 2014
In reply to ecrinscollective:

HI rob, I thought you was in Andora?

Steve.

[Lives 20 mins from Rob but I'm not Jerry!]

Hi Steve

I was in the ardeche for a 10 days back now, hoping to get some climbing between work.
 MaranaF 26 May 2014

Wednesday looks good, got a crag in mind?
Removed User 26 May 2014
Rob,

We're in Guillestre this week; Fii says do you two want to come round for dinner?

Andy
 MaranaF 26 May 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Love to, Ill call ya'all!
Removed User 26 May 2014

Steve,

Though you two were in the UK at the moment.
 MaranaF 26 May 2014
In reply to Removed User:

nooooooooo.... we are in Briancon

I thought you2 were in the UK!

Steve thinking of bouldering tomorrow at the ever dry boulder, wed maybe something hard at joe trango?

Andy sorry going to struggle this week looking after quite a few peoples pets this week in the valley while they are away and it seams to take up most eves, I here you have a new crag?

Sorry to op for kidnaping thread
 Jerry Gore 26 May 2014

Hi there. Yes I wrote the article on Ailefroide in Climber Mag in June 2007. If anyone wants a copy of the article mail me at: jerry@alpbase.com
Cheers,
Jerry Gore
Removed User 26 May 2014
' I here you have a new crag? '

Ahh...blabbermouth Gore..tomorrow he dies.

Oops don't worry I have found a new crag I won't to equip to

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...