UKC

Supervet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 24 May 2014
Anyone watch this? What an incredible bloke doing incredible things. Reminds me a bit of Archibald McIndoe and what he did with plastic surgery and the holistic nature of his treatment.
 mypyrex 24 May 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:
> Anyone watch this? What an incredible bloke doing incredible things. Reminds me a bit of Archibald McIndoe and what he did with plastic surgery and the holistic nature of his treatment.

Indeed, a very dedicated and, at times, emotional person. Many of the animals he treats would, years ago, have had to be put down. An all round good bloke.
(Mind you, I wouldn't like to have to pay his fees)
Post edited at 11:18
 gd303uk 24 May 2014
Yep, I have been watching this show, the vet and his team are brilliant, did you see him keep the cat alive by massaging its heart with his finger? From rabbits with broken legs to fixing the Shetland dogs neck he does save what might have been lost causes, for a sumĀ£$. But worth it.
I even got a bit of dust in my eye on a few occasions ,
Post edited at 11:23
 Dr.S at work 24 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

<vaguely thinks about getting chair and popcorn>

Oh, we love Noel. Especially the morning after the programme is on:

Client: 'Do you think we should put one of those false legs on him?' (ancient overweight labrador with shocking hips)

Me: 'Oh, no, perhaps we'll just improve his pain relief, maybe try and slim him down a bit. A bit of hydrotherapy mightn't be a bad idea-'

'That bloke on the telly does false legs. And anyway, isn't hydrotherapy expensive?'

'Well, the false legs are anything up to about fifty thousand pounds'

'Maybe we'll try the tablets instead. But only the cheap ones.'

To be fair, he does some extraordinary things, and has got himself into that position entirely through his own brilliance and hard work. But it's about as far removed from general veterinary practice as you can imagine. A lot of the stuff will simply never be mainstream, although we'd all love to work in a profession where it was (we're all failed doctors, you know...)

Martin

(A few years ago, when renal transplants in cats was a hot topic, we would regularly get lambasted by old women who insisted on it for their ancient moggies - on budgets of about fifty quid. Any attempt to explain that we weren't actually allowed to do them this side of the Atlantic, and that they'd cost at least ten thousand pounds, were met with vehement rebuttal and outrage.)
In reply to Dr.S at work:

> <vaguely thinks about getting chair and popcorn>

Or a big enough bottle of scotch to drown my bitterness in
OP Yanis Nayu 24 May 2014
In reply to Dr.S at work:

I take it that this means he's a little controversial within the veterinary profession?
OP Yanis Nayu 24 May 2014
In reply to maisie:

Ha!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...