UKC

Snow levels in the Ariege

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 24 May 2014
I am off to the Ariege in nine days for nine days hiking. Any info on current snow levels??. I will have axe and crampons with me but I am wondering whether I will need them for anywhere other than any summits I do.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 24 May 2014
 Pyreneenemec 24 May 2014
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Snow forecast above 2000m today. Unsettled conditions through-out next week and very cool for the time of year.

mypyrex 24 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Plateau de Beille, about 10km SW of Tarason sur Ariège,

Chris
 mypyrex 24 May 2014

Thanks. Just curious to locate on the IGN map
 mypyrex 24 May 2014

On the GR10?
In reply to mypyrex:

Yes, the GR10 runs across the wooded hill in the middle distance,

Chris
 mypyrex 24 May 2014

Yes I'd looked at that section on the map a couple of months ago. I expect to be doing that on my next trip(next year)
OP goatee 25 May 2014

Thanks Chris. Great picture of the area I'm headed. Looks like there is a lot less snow than last year. Whets the appetite.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 May 2014
In reply to goatee:

I think last winter was one of the "worst for 100 years" variety that they get quite often down here!

Chris
OP goatee 26 May 2014

Another quick question. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy campingaz near the main train station in Toulouse as I'm hoping to get the train direct to Merens les Vals and start up the trail that evening.
S
 john arran 26 May 2014
In reply to goatee:

There's a Decathlon up the road from the station but I don't know how far as I've only ever noticed it from the airport shuttle. You should be able to find it online though - it's an unusually downtown location for a Decathlon in France. I haven't spotted any other shops near the station, but then I've never tried looking. While searching you may want to make sure you're looking near the "Matabiau" station rather than one of the others in the city.
 john arran 26 May 2014
In reply to goatee:

Just checked on Google maps and it's showing a 13 minute walk from the station to Decathlon.

https://www.google.fr/maps/dir/D%C3%A9cathlon+Toulouse,+2+Boulevard+Arcole,...

Hope that helps.
OP goatee 26 May 2014
In reply to john arran:

Thats brilliant, thanks John. Exactly what I was hoping for.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...