UKC

Infuriating Mouse/Cursor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 24 May 2014

My mouse and cursor are annoying me. All too often in a program(eg PaintShopPro) I point to "File" in the top left hand corner and the drop down menu appears but immediately disappears. It's happening in other programs as well and is one of severalmisbehaviours.

Anyone any ideas please?

(Windows 8.1 BTW)
Post edited at 17:04
OP mypyrex 24 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Bump
In reply to mypyrex:

Your finger, your mouse or something in the OS is sending a double click instead of a single?
Kipper 24 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
Fluff.

Just noticed you said Windows 8.1 - is it not the normal mouse behaviour, that you can probably configure somewhere?

"A lot of what's new in Windows 8.1 may be so subtle that you may not notice it explicitly, yet you get a sense that things just work more smoothly. A key example of this is what happens when you place the mouse in the corners of your screen. A basic tenet of the Windows 8 interface is "edges for touch screens and corners for the mouse cursor." These are the actions that get you to the basic Windows menus and window switching."
Post edited at 22:52
 FactorXXX 24 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Have you tried altering the 'Mouse' settings via the Control Panel?
Alternatively, if it's a wireless mouse it can have two further problems. The batteries might be low or another wireless device could be causing interference (I normally use the Internet via a cable. However, if I go wireless, it does sometimes make the mouse a bit 'glitchy').
OP mypyrex 25 May 2014
In reply to Kipper:

There seems to be a whole host of other behavioral problems associated with the mouse/cursor(I've checked the USB connection) Often, when I hover the cursor over the Internet address bar to type in another address it fails to highlight the existing address; other times it brings up a different web site. I was working in Photo Shop last night and kept getting menus and dialogue boxes which I had not called for.
OP mypyrex 25 May 2014

> There seems to be a whole host of other behavioral problems associated with the mouse/cursor(I've checked the USB connection) Often, when I hover the cursor over the Internet address bar to type in another address it fails to highlight the existing address; other times it brings up a different web site. I was working in Photo Shop last night and kept getting menus and dialogue boxes which I had not called for.

BUMP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...