UKC

How much would Gareth Bale be worth...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 24 May 2014
... if he could kick with both feet? And shoot accurately?
 dek 24 May 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Dunno... But he's had more attempts on goal than Ronaldo! Incredible defending by Athletico all game, to be fair? Can't believe this is the same Real who swept Bayern aside so easily?!
OP Yanis Nayu 24 May 2014
In reply to dek:

Ronaldo has been very quiet. Atletico's defending has been incredible. Di Maria the best player for Real I think.
 dek 24 May 2014

Yup. This ET should be very interesting, big Ron might snatch a winner now the cramp and fatigue is setting in....
In reply to dek:

He can head in from 3 yards though!
 dek 24 May 2014

Phew!

Just seen the replay - he did well, it was no tap in. Casillas has dropped another bollock.
 dek 24 May 2014

Soft pen that!!....ugly looking ending....
In reply to dek:

Yep, not sure what was going on. Really enjoyed the game, rare that a team scores 3 in extra time I would imagine.
Kipper 24 May 2014
In reply to dek:

> Phew!

Quite right. 10/1 Real in extra time
 Banned User 77 25 May 2014

> Ronaldo has been very quiet. Atletico's defending has been incredible. Di Maria the best player for Real I think.

ronaldo wasnt fit... still injured clearly, AM deserved to lose, they were so cynical..
OP Yanis Nayu 25 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I was surprised that they got to the end with 11 players. Simeone made a tw*t of himself. I bet Beckham was watching that with some satisfaction.

I kept waiting for a red, they just seemed to accumulate so many yellows, it was definitely well orchestrated who collected the yellows... who fouled who at the time..

I just thought it was one of the most cynical anti-football displays I've seen. Worse than Chelsea V Bayern due to the fouls and time wasting.

Simeone had no complaints, Real Scored with 2 mins of injury time to go. What was odd was Athletico going for goal from a free kick in the 90th minute, just run down the clock.

But there was one point when their defender with long hair had to walk off the pitch, the touch line was 3 yards away and he walked diagonally, he'd already been booked for time wasting when on the floor, the ref should have shown a second then.

Real were pretty poor though, dominated but actually created few chance, seen much better displays this year. But Ronaldo was clearly not fit and seemed to know it, he just never seemed to try to beat his man.

Enjoyed the game though, good drama. Good clash of styles, I normally support the under dog but like Real, but as soon as Athletico set out their intentions I was for Real.
OP Yanis Nayu 25 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I'd agree with all that, but also felt that Atletico's defending and commitment was first rate.

It was, had it not been for the intentional fouls and time wasting I'd have wanted them to win, they tried everything and I do think the odd cynical foul is part of the game, and something we don't do in the UK enough (I think Rooney was saying that recently, that we play too honestly, 'not cute enough' was his words I think)..

But yesterday it was just every attack, just sythe the man down.

I like Simeone's passion and how he set his team up to win, I'm all in favour of pragmatic football if its occasional just to get the result but not cynical football and yesterday I just felt AM stepped over the line and were outright cheating.
 coinneach 25 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Some things in life don't change.

I remember watching this match as a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=oDElMvVdOK4&
 Rampikino 25 May 2014

I actually though that Bale had a poor game until he scored. In fact I sent a text to a friend saying something along the lines of; "Bale needs to score or he will get some flack for his performance."
 JJL 25 May 2014

Shame. I hoped your title would end

"as glue"
 Banned User 77 26 May 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

> I actually though that Bale had a poor game until he scored. In fact I sent a text to a friend saying something along the lines of; "Bale needs to score or he will get some flack for his performance."

He had that one good run with a few smart steps but pushed it wide, otherwise he was awful..

Gave the ball away too much. I think he's done great, I thought he'd flounder there, but he's done well but he had a poor final. With CR injured he needed to step up.

But he got the goal, RM were poor, they dominated possession but I just dont rate Benzema TBH.. Man U keep looking at him and I get impressed but think he's a bit of an Ibrahimovic.. occassionally flashes of brilliance but not regular enough.. give me Suarez any day.

I still wanted to them to win and enjoyed the game but thought RM just were poor. Marcelo was great, much more dynamic and direct.
 Rampikino 26 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Good summary.

So any guesses on who the World Cup one-hit-wonders will be? IE those temporary stars that do well in the tournament and end up at big clubs but turn out to be crap!
 Banned User 77 26 May 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

Not sure at all, I've not watched as much football this year. Especially non-British..

I'm hoping the heat may play into some of the African teams hands and we can have a a bit of an upset..

Looking forwards to it, a mate was chatting to Gary Cahill, there kids were playing at the park together, and he was saying the aim is just to get out of the group to avoid being slaughtered back home... just typifies the usual fear our players play with so not hopeful about England at all.

It's Rooney and Gerrards last tournament so hoping those two can really impact, United's poor season and Rooney's injuries could really help England for once as he's normally played 50+ games by now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...