UKC

Glen Nevis, Gorge Crag, Aquarian Rebels - Photos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Callum_Johnson 24 May 2014
This is a long shot but...

I climbed Aquarian Rebels in Glen Nevis yesterday (Friday 23rd) and a lovely man from Penrith took some photos, he seemed to know a bit about the climbing in Glen Nevis so thought he might be on here.

If it was you send me a message and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks!
 Fiend 25 May 2014
In reply to Callum_Johnson:

Good effort. Was it still filthy as per last summer?
In reply to Fiend:
Cheers! Very happy to do it, inspiring line in a brilliant situation. I would urge anyone at that level to go and do it.

Some of the cracks up the top could do with another clean, but it was okay and clean where it mattered.

It had another ascent yesterday as well.
Post edited at 11:08
 Fiend 25 May 2014

Nice one. Might give it another go. Last year I had to aid up the E1 to escape, even that was unclimbable.

A lot of the less climbed routes around there deserve more attention. Get on Gorge Wall next

In reply to Fiend:

Agreed, both routes on Gorge Wall look ace but definitely need a good scrub before an ascent!
 smally 26 May 2014

Midge season is starting but maybe it would still be worth compiling a list of cleaned ,clean and climbed lines in hope of generating some traffic and keeping them clean !
I'll kick off with what I know.

Liminality, cleaned last year.
Exocet, cleaned this spring.
Other routes on the same crag all clean.

Cruisability, cleaned last year.
Chiaroscuro, cleaned last year.
Quality St, cleaned last year.

Many of the classics are obviously clean but there are still a lot of filthy 2 and 3 star routes needed some TLC.
So a plea, take a brush with you and clean a line rather than just complaining. Okay maybe you don't get the onsight but then someone else has forgone that pleasure to have maybe cleaned the line you enjoyed earlier.
Really appreciate the hours put in by Glen regulars.

Now a request, Lame Beaver... anyone ? Go on, will trade a cleaned line (all offers subject to approval,excludes all crags in NI).
In reply to smally:

No complaints from me. It was my first visit so lots of great routes to go at, all of which were clean and on good rock.

Do you suggest that The Monster at Buzzard Crag is also clean? Or other routes apart from that one? Scottish Rock suggests it will need a clean but obviously that is from 2008(?).

If I am ever in the glen for more than a couple of days I will take my brushes and scrub some things on a rest day.
 smally 26 May 2014

No accusations of complaining levelled at anyone. Just encouraging folk to be more proactive when it comes to cleaning (not just in the Glen).
Monster is fine,some moss on upper easy section.The other classic harder routes have all seen traffic.
 gforce 26 May 2014
In reply to smally:

I might have done some complaining at some point. Will pull my weight next time instead
 Ron Kenyon 26 May 2014

Hi Callum

Just got back home today. Will send on ( I took 72 !) tomorrow

In reply to Ron Kenyon:

Hi Ron, I've just sent you a message on here. Thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...