UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 21

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 25 May 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (20) thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=587357

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

VS4b - 3lb up. Bit surprised at this what with the cycling.
Fatclimber - Same weight as last week. Plan partially followed.
Sleepy_trucker - 2lbs down despite a spot of happy troughing.
practicallypixie - Enjoying life in the bath. How was North Wales? Did the weather hold out? Did you get any climbing done?
Dick, Still a Fat B - Happy with weeks progress, and a bit of climbing fitted in.
waterbaby - 1.5 lbs down. Enjoy your week away. Lakes?
AndrewW - Forgot to post - lazy slacker.

TTFN.
 waterbaby 25 May 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Thank you.

Just North of Bolton, ideally situated for lots of visits. Sadly, no climbing. Have a few other things planned but the rain is going to be a big pain in the rear. 2 teenagers to entertain.

On the eating front, things are not going to plan! My family keep waving food at me, like cheese and creamy pudds

Andy Gamisou 26 May 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Weight at SOW: 11st 9lb
Weight at EOW: 11st 7lb

Average calories per day: 1710
 waterbaby 26 May 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Woo, well done! I'm going to put weight on this week
In reply to AndrewW:

Wales awesome and rain not too bad. Did some slate sport - including my first ever outdoor lead! Went up Tryfan yesterday which was great fun.

Weight stable. Ate well during the week and lost some but ate too many fry ups and pub dinners this weekend. Back to good habits this week.
Andy Gamisou 26 May 2014
In reply to practicallypixie:

Nice one on the slate. Not sure too many have their first lead on that rock type.
 Sleepy_trucker 27 May 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Weight's stayed the same, despite yet more troughing. Exercise is still well down but it looks like I've finally got to the bottom of the car problems so have regained my spare time.

Must be 8 weeks since I last climbed so I'm keen to put that right now, unfortunately work's going to get in the way during the week but I can get out at the weekend, my brother was talking about having a weekend walking in the peak but either's fine by me as long as it's got nothing to do with crawling round under cars......

The best news is, despite the car troubles, I've managed to stay off the cigs; it'll be three months next week - very pleased with that
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:

Good job on staying off the cigs - your lungs will thank you!

Fatclimber 27 May 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Last week was a disaster. The drinking session in a brewery went very well but that didn’t help my waistline. Then the plumber ripped the house apart, so the only option was to go out to eat.

Plus, planned partners fell through, so I didn’t do much climbing.

On the plus side, the only way to get a shower was to go to the swimming pool, so I did get some swims in.

Feeling very fat at the moment, but can’t find the scales!!!!

My plan is on the 1st of each month to weigh
June 96
July 94
Aug 92
Sep 90
Oct 89
Nov 88
Dec 87
Jan 88
Feb 87
Mar 86
Apr 85
May 85
June 85

Last week I planned to -

Climb X 3 – Failed only went once
Swim X 2 – Achieved
Fast day - Failed
Drink on two days- Failed drank on four or five

Next week I plan to –

Climb X 2
Swim X 2
Fast day.
Drink on only one day.

It won’t be hard to do better than last week!

Sleepy_trucker 27 May 2014
In reply to practicallypixie:

Thankyou I've got lots more energy now but I've been a bit frustrated at lack of time to do anything with it! I'm sure it's done the old lungs some good too but, if I'm honest, they don't really feel much better so far.

Congrats on the slate too btw, I've yet to lead outdoors or climb on anything other than grit but hopefully that's all gonna change this year. I can imagine what a great feeling it must be when it all starts to come together
 VS4b 29 May 2014
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:
252 so 1 lb down. Cycled about 130 miles.
I'm in an odd place mentally in that I seem unable to regain the focus on what I'm eating that I had from Xmas to April. Being knocked off the bike seems to have thrown my concentration and I seem to be able to focus on eating healthy or biking lots but not both together. Really annoying as I'm doing 100miles or more a week and not losing any weight! I'm the fittest fat bloke I know

Ho hum, this week will be no different I guess. Although, I'm having another go at a long bike ride on sat, really hoping to get up towards 200miles in on sat.
 Fatclimber 29 May 2014
In reply to VS4b:

We should meet. I'm the fittest fat bloke I know!
 VS4b 30 May 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

You're not fat, you less than 100kg!
13st 13
could try harder, story of my life!
Possibly getting a dog tomorrow, that should increase my daily exercise.
Climbing going well, getting out 2 or 3 times a week.

Fatclimber 30 May 2014
In reply to VS4b:

Ok your observation presents a solution.

You can be the fittest fat bloke and I will be the fattest fit bloke.
 BicycleBradley 31 May 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Formerly obese (15 stone 6lbs) now not (10 stone albs) climber/cyclist, whom despite everybody i now meet just presume I have a super metabolism, but in reality I am pretty diet conscious and do a shit tonne of exercise...mind if I join in?

I cycle from Bristol to Bath every day for work (20km each way), plus visiting my patients on my bike the in the community, climb at least 3 days a week; which I find correlates with drinking

Heading to Lleida Spain tomorrow, so lots of hard sport(well hard for me)
Andy Gamisou 31 May 2014
In reply to brad8563:

Sounds great!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...