UKC

Parking Wardens - Are they all tossers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 25 May 2014

Full marks to the chap who challenged him: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638243/I-parking-ticket-hes-BOSS-T...
Apologies for lifting from DM
Post edited at 17:09
In reply to mypyrex:
Strange title. Do *you* really think they are all tossers? Sure, they do a job that is despised, but that doesn't make them all tossers. I'd be pretty sure the motivation to be a parking warden is job desperation, not to be a tosser, and am sure the tosser:non-tosser ratio of wardens is the same as the ratio in any other job/walk of life/group of people.

I'm not condoning what went on here, but I don't see that that means they are all tossers.
Post edited at 17:27
 birdie num num 25 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Yeah, they're all tossers.
In reply to birdie num num:

I agree with you that 94% of the male traffic wardens are tossers, the other 6% are liars
 Tom Valentine 25 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Shopping your boss may be the right thing to do in some situations, but it needs to be done properly and not at the behest of some one with a phone camera and an agenda quite different to yours.
OP mypyrex 25 May 2014
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> Shopping your boss may be the right thing to do in some situations, but it needs to be done properly and not at the behest of some one with a phone camera and an agenda quite different to yours.
a) The boss should not have parked there in the first place
b) The warden should have ticketed him
c) The boss should have accepted that he was in the wrong and that the warden was acting correctly in issuing a ticket - with no recrimination.

Whatever people might think about the member of the public making the point I think it's a pity that a few more people were not as public spitited.

In reply to mypyrex:

I take it you hold similar views about tax payments and brown envelopes?
If my contractor decides to pay me in cash one month, for a reason that suits him, without going through all the deduction procedure, do you really expect me to report him to HMRC?
OP mypyrex 25 May 2014
> I take it you hold similar views about tax payments and brown envelopes?

> If my contractor decides to pay me in cash one month, for a reason that suits him, without going through all the deduction procedure, do you really expect me to report him to HMRC?

A matter for your conscience. (Are you really suggesting that the boss should NOT have been ticketed?)
Post edited at 18:25
In reply to mypyrex:
And what factors would sway my "conscience"? The possibility of future employment from the guilty party?

Overall,on a scale of things, I would put illegal parking way down the list. And it wouldn't matter to me who the culprit was - MP, traffic warden, plasterer.

Yes, he should have been ticketed, but would you really want to be the one who gets his boss in that sort of shit because some knob with a phone camera is egging you on to do it?

Can you see the difference between having to serve the ticket to your boss on the quiet and dishing it out with all the attendant infamy that You Tube now offers us?
Post edited at 19:07
cp123 25 May 2014
Yeah but if some-one else knew of this why shouldn't you or he not pay your fair share of tax?
 wintertree 25 May 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

1) You have to ask yourself why someone felt unable to do their job - that would rather suggest that the boss is the tosser. A good boss won't put their worker(s) in a position that undermines their authority, especially when the public perception of authority is a part of the job.

2) I've visited countries where people abandon cars where and when they want, and it is then acceptable for other people to use their bumpers and/or horns as necessary to resolve the inevitable problems this causes.

I prefer parking wardens. To many people would just park like thoroughly selfish idiots and cause all manner of problems otherwise.
 Timmd 25 May 2014
In reply to wintertree:
I couldn't agree more. However disliked parking wardens are they do help to keep the streets pretty orderly.
Post edited at 20:44
 Tom Valentine 26 May 2014
In reply to BIgYeti86:

I should and do pay my fair share of tax. (My wife's a tax inspector so I don't have much choice ).
But in the event that my contractor wanted to bend the rules a bit to our mutual advantage, would you expect me to report him to the authorities?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...