UKC

Electronic Cigarettes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Antigua 26 May 2014
Anyone know what the legal position is with these? can you smoke them in buildings etc?

Nope I don't smoke.
 digby 26 May 2014
In reply to Antigua:

Sadly I think you can. Except in Wales? Where they sensibly think that the appearance of smoking sets back the progress towards non smoking.
 deepsoup 26 May 2014
In reply to Antigua:
> can you smoke them in buildings etc?

Legally yes, though the owners/operators of the buildings in question are quite within their rights to ban "vaping" just as they were within their rights to ban smoking before 2007.
 Enty 26 May 2014
In reply to digby:

> Sadly I think you can. Except in Wales? Where they sensibly think that the appearance of smoking sets back the progress towards non smoking.

Mingin isn't it?

E
 Billhook 26 May 2014
In reply to Antigua:

Sadly it is legal.

But bizarrely the increasing use of electronic cigs is causing increasing problems for companies.

They often provide smoking places outside for cigarette smokers. As you'll know you can ban electronic cigs at work. Banishing the electronic cigarette smokers to the same premises as the cigarette smokers is illegal, because you are legally falling foul of H&S because you are endangering their health by making them suffer from the smoke of ordinary cigarettes. So there is talk that in an effort to help electronic cig smokers give up the habit then they should be allowed their own outside place to smoke without being exposed to ordinary smokers. ..........

* I know!! But thats the way things are going at the moment!!!!
 Cheese Monkey 26 May 2014
In reply to Antigua:

Currently enjoying a nice strawberry flavour and a pint at the airport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...