UKC

Shoulder Distension Arthrogram

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 26 May 2014
Anyone on here had this procedure?

I just had one a couple of hours ago after having had a frozen shoulder for the past six months with associated pain and limited mobility. Physio starts on wednesday.

Positive recovery anecdotes from anyone with previous of above very welcome.
In reply to Removed User:
Yes. I had distension arthrogram in november. I am now back to full painfree range of movement. The arthrogram is just the start,the only way to recovery here is to be totally dedicated to the exercises the physio gives you. Passively attending the physio sessions will not sort this. You have to be very active about doing all the exercises several times every single day,no excuses,no let up.

I don't want to sound negative. The distension did a bit, but the rest us up to you and you alone. You will recover well, but only through thrashing yourself with exercises.

Good luck mate. PM me if you wish
Post edited at 17:55

I see you are in the Burg,you must have had the distension in Royal Infirmary,same as me,any idea which physio you will be with?
Removed User 26 May 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Hi Nick thanks for the reply and offer of pm. I'm going to Slateford, can't remember the physio's name. If need be I'll go back to fasic where I was going for a while before xmas for some extra.

Yes, I figure that it will be a bit of project requiring a lot of application from me, but I'm motivated to get as much use back as possible.

I found progress came in fits and starts. Very quickly i got a lot of movement back, then it slowed down,and i never felt the last 10% would return.but i just carried on with the exercises,then suddenly the final improvement happened. You can of course exercise too, but be careful. When my physio said i could try easy indoor climbing again,i was too scared to try as i was convinced it would happen again(my index injury which caused the adhesive capsulitis happened at an jndoor wall).but i went for it and climbed easy stuff for a long while.no one can tell you what grade is acceptable,just be good to yourself,progress gradually,but always believe it will recover fully.
Removed User 27 May 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Nick, many thanks for your replies, all this info is very encouraging. It is very useful to have your experience as a reference, I suspect that plateaus will be a bit discouraging.

I haven't been to a wall for years (never really got into the indoor thing) but I've accepted that a lot of gym time is going to be necessary, assuming the physio ok's it. I'll definitely pm you later with more questions, very much appreciated.

Cheers

Stuart

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...