UKC

Glencoe next week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 funkyvin1 26 May 2014
Evening all

Lone runner seeks the company of other runner/runners in the area.

I'm currently training for an Ultra in July and will be in Glen Coe with my local climbing club for the week next week.

I am looking to get a training run in while there and have a lap of Loch Leven in mind (22 miles or there abouts) as it will be relatively flat and easy nav. I will be looking at 8.15 - 9 min mile pace and am pretty flexible on when, just as long as it doesn't clash with any of the days that my climbing club do any of the climbs/scrambles that I would like to get done (which will be based around the weather forecast).

Either message me through here before Saturday or text me after then, my no. is 07801061206 if you are interested.

Thanks Vince
 petestack 28 May 2014
In reply to funkyvin1:

> I am looking to get a training run in while there and have a lap of Loch Leven in mind (22 miles or there abouts) as it will be relatively flat and easy nav.

Actually just under 20 and not as flat as you think.

What kind of ultra is it? (Road, trail etc.) Might have offered to take you somewhere more interesting if I wasn't teaching school children all day, but doubt I'll want an evening 20-miler...
OP funkyvin1 29 May 2014
In reply to petestack:

Gonna be based just outside North Ballachulish so will have an extra couple of miles to get to the loch.

I'm doing the 100k Ridgeway ultra. Its a hilly trail run but no mountains. I'm looking for time on my feet as much as anything at the moment which is why I am happy being on the roads still.

I'll be about in the area for the week and my mob no. is on my original message so let me know if you change your mind.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...