UKC

Cattle Troughs route Info/help needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Piers Harley 27 May 2014
Hi all, in the Isis area of Cattle Troughs, between "Fallen Block Climb" and "Pulpit Route" there is a wall similar in appearance to the Bunny's Wall area. I can't find any info on it. I climbed it yesterday and and it it's certainly had some traffic on it.
Can anyone help?
 kedvenc72 27 May 2014
In reply to Piers Harley:

Can't find any info on a route up this part either. Had a look in the 1995 CC guide (and the soton uni 1960 guide but that is slim pickings!). I know the section of wall you mean. Out of interest what grade do you think it went at?
 scott titt 27 May 2014
In reply to Piers Harley:

The non-line of Fallen Block Climb is so indeterminate that anything on that wall gives the tick. All the permutations on the wall had been climbed when I first visited Cattle Troughs in 1969,back then the old boys couldn't remember where the block fell from it was so long ago.
It would make more sense if it was called Fallen Block Wall, in the same way that Bunney's Wall covers a number of variations.
 kedvenc72 27 May 2014
In reply to scott titt:

That clears that up

You could've let us have a bit of a mystery tour, talk rubbish, and hearsay before scuppering it and putting a full stop to the thread though.
OP Piers Harley 27 May 2014
Fallen Block Climb is given a V/Diff. The "route" I'm talking about is steeper and harder (in my opinion). I would give it HS/VS 4c ish plus feels like a different part of the cliff. Also, I started a good 5+ meters right of the Fallen Block. By my humble reckoning its a line in its own right.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...