UKC

Lightweight waterproof trousers recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d80f0u 28 May 2014
I'm looking to replace a pair of 'emergency' lightweight overtrousers - the kind that you stick in the bottom of your sac just in case - and am struggling to find any suitable. I lost a great drilite pair by Mountain Equipment that packed up into they own stuff sack about the size of my fist and weighed next to nothing. Half-length zips and a simple drawcord waist. I can't recall the exact model but I know I bought them in Outside about 5 years ago for no more than £50. Any that I've looked at since are either much heavier or much more expensive. Anyone got any suggestions?
 aldo56 28 May 2014
In reply to d80f0u:

Marmot precip are decent and are usually available cheap.
 OwenM 28 May 2014
In reply to d80f0u:

Mountain Equipment Rainfall pants.
 Lee Sutcliffe 28 May 2014
In reply to aldo56:

Just bought some of these myself for exactly the same purpose.
 Carolyn 28 May 2014
In reply to d80f0u:

Yes, Marmot Precip are very similar to the ME ones (I've got one, husband has the other) and fairly easily available. I think the men's ones come with a choice of full zip of half zip.
 Kai 28 May 2014
In reply to d80f0u:

Montane Minimus

Size up one size for fit comparable to Marmot Precip.
In reply to d80f0u:

I have sopme Lowe Alpine ones for sale here, they may interest you

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=587948&v=1#x7778480
OP d80f0u 30 May 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Too small, sorry!
I like the look of the Marmot ones though - thanks all for your suggestions.
 3B48 30 May 2014
In reply to d80f0u:

I bought some Berghaus ones for £90 recently, I'm really impressed by them. They have been truly tested and didn't let rain, wind in and were breathable. They pack up small, have long zips for putting on over boots. Bought them from Go outdoors, they are women's paclite
 CharlieMack 31 May 2014
In reply to d80f0u:
Rab cohort trousers. RRP 70 but urban rock has them for 62. Go outdoors will price match which will make them £55 think im going to get some today. Look like great trousers.
200g roughly. So very light. But with functional half length zips. Rather than the super light montane ones with tiny zips. In my eyes pointless as it makes them so hard to get on.
Post edited at 09:48

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...