HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Ban driven grouse shooting

Mr Ed - on 29 May 2014
Dear All,

I know a lot of these things come up in different places and I know how easy it is to click away or not be interested but this is something that to me is important. Dr Mark Avery was the conservation director for the RSPB for 13 years and worked for the RSPB for 25. His petition calls for the banning of driven grouse shooting in the UK. Considering the apocalyptic impact on raptors and none-grouse wildlife carried out to 'manage' these upland areas it's a no brainer to me. The keepers lace the moors with poison to kill raptors slowly as they scare the grouse away on shooting days. On occasion (and unfortunately rarely prosecuted) they blast hen harriers and eagle owl, short eared owl out of the sky. All this to provide wealthy individuals with a days 'sport' of shooting some red grouse. I'd be against it even if the keepers hadn't vandalised my car for being on their 'open access' land. If you're uncertain please look into it but I urge everyone I know to sign the petition and share and comment on it in any media you like. With any luck we can at least get it debated in the commons.

Cheers

Mr Ed

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/65627
... not showing 91 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums