UKC

Portable Fingerboard - Awesome Woodys

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hey Guys

I have recently been in Australia and was given a portable fingerboard (weight 500g) by a friend who runs his own part timer wall/fingerboard making company called "Awesome Woodys" (check em out of Facebook). He's a carpenter by trade so it's good stuff!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Awesome-Woodys/121467744668596?fref=ts

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other companies in the UK or Europe doing something like what he has done? I have seen home made versions but nothing commercial?

He is interested in selling these in the UK and it would be also interesting to note if any of you would buy these?

From my experience of them I can vouch for the quality of the product and it's trainability. It's as good as any fingerboard I've ever used but I am working with him at the moment on making the design and usability even better without increasing the weight. It's such a good little board for taking to the crag for warm ups, for taking on holiday and in fact I have actually started using the edges for training on at home over the beastmaker recently because I prefer them hahaha

Anyway, would be good to hear your thoughts and suggestions for it if you have any

Thanks

Robbie
 fire_munki 30 May 2014
In reply to Robbie_Phillips:

Looks great, think P&P might be a killer! Sure the Beastmake guys could make something similar.

I've seen these hanging off low bolts at Malham:

http://crusherholds.co.uk/the-wedge-1
 LeeWood 01 Jun 2014

Take a fingerboard to the crag? This would have seemed ridiculous to me before a visit to Terradets last Feb. - a crag with poor warmup options. Most of the routes are 7b and above, and though there are some down to 6a+ they are not favored due to polish or style. Folk warm up by dogging harder routes (than would normally be chosen for warmup). So perhaps the idea would make sense here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...