UKC

Land Ownership/Registry Query

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'm lazy and the UKC hive mind is better than google Is there a simple way to find out who owns a particular piece of land near you?

I want to find out for a number of reasons, amongst which are renting for agricultural/smallholding purposes or hunting (rabbits, crayfish, pigeons etc.).

ebygomm 30 May 2014
In reply to Johnny_Grunwald:

You pay land registry some money and they will tell you
 BusyLizzie 30 May 2014

Go to
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/property-ownership

The fee is, iirc, per property. It won't tell you anything (because it can't) if title to the land is unregistered; some is.
In reply to ebygomm:
> (In reply to Johnny_Grunwald)
>
> You pay land registry some money and they will tell you

Hmmm, that was where my original googling led me as well. I might just need to tap into some local knowledge as the only alternative then.
 TomBaker 30 May 2014

or you could pay....
In reply to TomBaker:
> (In reply to Johnny_Grunwald)
>
> or you could pay....

Sensible responses only please!
 sam@work 30 May 2014

on the land registry website you can get the info for £3 . . .
 JJL 30 May 2014

It's a couple of quid and you can do it on zoomable map.

armus 30 May 2014

> I'm lazy and the UKC hive mind is better than google Is there a simple way to find out who owns a particular piece of land near you?

Be careful who you pay. There are websites run by private companies who will have the words "Land Registry" in their name but they aren't the official land registry and they charge more. Just like the ones who call themselves "something Passport Application" they aren't the real passport office, they just process your application, send it to the real government office and charge you more than HMG. I did an official land registry search two years ago when they had a deal, several searches for £X I believe it was. Don't know if they still do it. Just don't pay other people as I also did and was charged £45 with only few facts returned.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...