UKC

Tower Ridge - summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 upupup 31 May 2014
Rack and rope advice for Tower Ridge in summer anyone?
Fairly comfortable I could solo it but taking a beginner up with me so want to make sure I'm set.
 Billhook 31 May 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

A couple of large slings and some decent sized Hexes or similar.
 Nathan Adam 31 May 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

I took two 120cm slings, 4 larger nuts, couple of extender slings and a big hex. Nothing difficult that you couldn't just trail a rope up anyway. Tower Gap has/should in-situ gear which is easier to just clip that slinging it yourself and will save faff for your second.

have fun up there!
In reply to Nath93:

No in situ gear at the Gap at the end of April
 Nathan Adam 31 May 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

I'd imagine someone will have left a bit of rope up there by now, but I could be wrong, in which case a big sling might come in handy.
 sarahjk 31 May 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

Did it yesterday ! Fabulous day out.

There is a length of good tat on Tower Gap, and very very glad we were to find it too.

I would say a few slings for sure, for that alone, especially with a novice, and the first chimney takes a couple of nuts/hexes. Get them geared/harness n helmet at the scree well below the start as a nasty scramble up and very limited room to gear up at the chimney.

No snow on the top either.

Enjoy.

Sarah
OP upupup 01 Jun 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

Cheers all!
OP upupup 01 Jun 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

Oh and length of rope? 30m alright?
 sarahjk 01 Jun 2014
In reply to dbdmilton

30 would be enough I think, we took 1 x 50 and it was more than we needed.

Forgot to say last night, the Eastern Traverse; there are 3 'fake' traverses ! all well trodden, but going no where ! The real one is very much higher than we expected and you can see it and the chimney with the big chock in the top from a bit away.
 Nathan Adam 01 Jun 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

30m rope will be fine, anything more will just add faff.
 Cameron94 01 Jun 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

50m would be alright if taking chest coils. My preference would be for a 30m though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...