UKC

dirty dirty climber, poo under armirican

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pebbles 01 Jun 2014

to the dirty, lazy, selfish excuse for a human being who took a dump by the base of armorican on saturday morning. only thirty seconds and you could at least have done it into the sea to be washed away or round the corner where it would have been away from people, but no, you shat by the base of one of pembrokes iconic routes. Even if you completely lost control of your bowels you could have made an effort to clear it up....use your helmet to get some water to wash it away with - I have no idea what was going through your mind, but I hope with hindsight you are now extremely embarrased.
Post edited at 16:54
 jezb1 01 Jun 2014
In reply to pebbles:

grim
In reply to pebbles:

> I hope with hindsight you are now extremely embarrased.

I think that's hopelessly optimistic, but I agree with your sentiments entirely. I was luckier in that a couple of weeks ago, all I found was discarded gear, but you have to wonder why people who are attracted to the outdoors can still do this kind of thing: it's not as if Caerfai is that much of a newbie punter's crag anyway, so whoever it was should have known what they were about.

Hope you still did Armorican, though - such a brilliant route.

Martin
 d_b 01 Jun 2014
In reply to pebbles:

In other news, someone has left a large poo and pile of bogroll next to the descent path from Needle Buttress on the Dewerstone.

At least the flies seem to like it.
In reply to davidbeynon:

Just as awful to find, but somehow less depressing, as it could have been left there by anyone. The base of Armorican is only accessible to climbers, or punters with ballistic colons
 d_b 01 Jun 2014
In reply to maisie:
I see what you mean. There does seem to be a lot of it about

One of my most "memorable" climbing moments was finding someone had taken a crap at one of the belays on Amphitheatre Buttress a couple of years ago.
Post edited at 18:29
 tlm 01 Jun 2014
In reply to pebbles:

I counted about 8 today where we climbed in the Peak. I thought I was in France for a bit...
 Bluebird 01 Jun 2014
In reply to pebbles:

May I propose an alternative to photo evidence to name and shame; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Stool_Scale

mlt 01 Jun 2014
In reply to pebbles:

It could be the work of a scatological fetishist.
 Chambers 01 Jun 2014
In reply to mlt:

Not the end of the world, though. That'd be the work of an eschatological fetishist.
 Rob Parsons 01 Jun 2014
In reply to maisie:

> Just as awful to find, but somehow less depressing, as it could have been left there by anyone. The base of Armorican is only accessible to climbers, or punters with ballistic colons

That seems to assume that climbers - as a 'tribe' - are somehow better than other people. I don't buy it.
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> That seems to assume that climbers - as a 'tribe' - are somehow better than other people. I don't buy it.

Neither do I. Which is a bit sad, really, even for a cynic like me.

Martin
 duchessofmalfi 02 Jun 2014
In reply to maisie:

"only accessible to climbers, or punters with ballistic colons "

Not true - I've swam there on more than one occasion and seen other people swim there as well and I've seen load of people kayak there this and the possibility of a seal seem more likely than a climber.
 Tom Last 02 Jun 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

Oh you noticed that one too then, seriously grim.
OP pebbles 02 Jun 2014
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

nah, sorry, know a human turd when I see one. But yes, did the route and really enjoyed it, thougt some of the other routes there good quality too, and what a fantastic location.
In reply to Rob Parsons:
> (In reply to maisie)
>
> [...]
>
> That seems to assume that climbers - as a 'tribe' - are somehow better than other people. I don't buy it.

Actually the incident (if by a climber) is far worse than std behaviour which is why the swimmer option seems more viable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...