/ Recommended shoes for limestone and slate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
the power - on 01 Jun 2014
As the titles says oh and ive got wide feet cheers phil
gd303uk - on 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

la Sportiva Miura .

end of thread ;)

the power - on 01 Jun 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

> la Sportiva Miura .

> end of thread ;)

Lace or velcro?
jezb1 - on 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

Whatever fits best.

End of thread ;)

On a serious not I like my Anasazi velcros for slate and greens for limestone. It's not my shoes that hold me back.
weakdave - on 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

anasazi vcs do everything if you can stand the smell!
gd303uk - on 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:
I have had two pairs of the laces, brilliant for wide feet (i have hobbit like feet), and climb a lot of slate and dabble in a good bit of local limestone, they are great for edging and getting onto and into small foot placements.
I know each person will have their own preference but i would rate these over the anasazi laces , ( i have the whites )
not tried the anasazi velcros they could be great.
true whatever fits best is the best advice.
Post edited at 22:02
AlanLittle - on 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

I like Miura Laces. If you have really wide feet, Katana Laces have a bit broader last - too wide for me - but otherwise quite similar and lots of people seem to like them.
WILLS - on 02 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

Anasazi blanco's for me. They fit my narrow feet great. Shame they are discontinued. I have 2 boxes of new ones in the cupboard. Should see me through until they re release them.
In reply to AlanLittle:
> I like Miura Laces. If you have really wide feet, Katana Laces have a bit broader last - too wide for me - but otherwise quite similar and lots of people seem to like them.

NOooooo!!!!!! (well, ok, really???!!!!) I have fat feet and Miuras, they are really tights so I keep them just for stuff that is hard for me, but when I bought them I tried on Katana laces and found totally the opposite to you - they were much narrower. This was a couple of years back now I guess.

I haven't climbed on slate for a decade, but I found a rigid shoe is good for those micro edges so I think Miuras would be good if they fit you well. Ondra seems to do quite well in them on limestone too!
Post edited at 09:20
AlanLittle - on 02 Jun 2014
In reply to TobyA:

I measured Miuras and same size Katana Laces and the Kats were 5mm wider at the broadest point.

This was admittedly when both pairs were far from new, but I know in general Miuras fit me like a glove, and my feet feel like they're swimming around in Katana Laces.
And Climb on 02 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

Scarpa's have a nice wide fit. The lace-up vapours are mega for edging but the velcro's might be worth a look as well. 1.5 - 2 sizes down seems about right.
the power - on 18 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

Went with katana lace they seem to be doing the job cheers for the replies
ads.ukclimbing.com
MischaHY - on 18 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:
Scarpa Vapour V's. Phenomenal precision for edging and smearing in my experience, plus the heel is good.
Post edited at 12:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.