Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Removing a stuck cam - any tips?

Fiona Reid - on 02 Jun 2014

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some tips for removing 2 stuck cams from one of my local routes (Heathy at Rosyth quarry).

The online guides I've found seem to apply to newly placed cams, however these appear to have been there for a while - one us missing the handle/tape and has bare trigger wires poking out of the crack. The other one is more or less intact but well stuck and very deep in the crack They are right next to each other which makes getting past them a blooming nuisance.

They are both stuck in a corner crack that's about an inch wide which means getting at them will be fiddly. I can abseil in easily though. Tool wise I have a hammer, long flat blade screw driver, 2 nut keys, hacksaw and blades, some small wire cutters that will go through trigger wires but not much else, plus a big file which I might be able to use to whack things with.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Fiona
Post edited at 08:21
... not showing 32 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums