UKC

Camalot reslinging

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunnyg 02 Jun 2014
My old school camalot 3 sling is bust. I know you can get them reslung by black diamond if you post it over to them, but unfortunately I don't have time. Is there any reason why sticking the fattest cord you can through and tieing double fisherman's on it would be unsafe?

cheers
 KTC 02 Jun 2014
In reply to dunnyg:

You could thread a sling through, then clip both ends.
Maybe even feed the ends of the sling through a bit of tape before clipping to keep things tidy.
 CurlyStevo 02 Jun 2014
In reply to dunnyg:
Is it the old type of camalot that doesn't have a thumb loop? (ie the sling goes through a small hole at the end of the stem).

If so either 5.5 mm dyneema / spectra CORD (tied off with a tripple fishermans) or 7mm accessory cord (tied off witha double fishermans) is best.
Post edited at 15:28
 beardy mike 02 Jun 2014
In reply to dunnyg:

If its a thumbloop version be aware that cord is not as cut resistant as sling, and therefore using a cord could lower the strength of the loop. I guess it depends on how seriously you think you will take a high impact fall...
 John Kelly 02 Jun 2014
In reply to mike kann:

what about just clipping a draw straight into the wire loop - extend them all the time anyway - any issues?
 beardy mike 02 Jun 2014
In reply to John Kelly:

You may kink the thumbloop wire permanently after loading, and damage the plastic tubing as it tends to crush during a point loading. It'd be safe though...
OP dunnyg 02 Jun 2014
In reply to mike kann:

Its the old version, no thumb loop issues. Will probably get some 7mm chord.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...