UKC

Topo for the Feechi, Saas Grund

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 glaramara 02 Jun 2014
Yep I know this is in the Oberwallis guide book but is anybody aware if you can just buy a basic topo from a shop/guides office while you're out there? I'm not going out there just to sport climb obviously, but would be nice to have a mess around while waiting for bigger things...Or maybe the grades are written below the climbs, this being the worlds most organised country?
 JohnnyW 02 Jun 2014
In reply to glaramara:

Hey up.

Yes you can, available at the Intersport shop, but it's outrageously expensive! I think it was CHF25 for no more than a booklet.
 Mike-W-99 02 Jun 2014
In reply to JohnnyW:

Yes and not desperately accurate in places either.
OP glaramara 02 Jun 2014
In reply to JohnnyW:

Hmmm you're not selling it to me. Possibly just going to the crag and having a look may be an option, providing the bolting is generous....
 Monkey_Alan 02 Jun 2014
In reply to glaramara:
When I was there 3 years ago, we just used the UKC page. I have a feeling the route names were painted on at the bottom, but I may be mistaken!
 psaunders 02 Jun 2014
In reply to glaramara:

Bolting is quite good and there are names (but not grades, I think) painted under many of the routes.

Access depends on the river being low, and you should be aware that the river may rise rapidly at any moment... it may be prudent for the belayer to clip into the bottom bolt!

It's also good fun to mess around on some of the via-ferrata in the gorge, although some parts are broken / closed so take care. The wire ladder up through the roof of the cave is pretty cool, and you can also abseil off a hanging ladder bridge into the middle of the river. If it opens again it might be worth paying for... especially for the zipline over a waterfall in a cave.
OP glaramara 02 Jun 2014
In reply to psaunders:

Great this is all very helpful, thank Q all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...