UKC

San Vito Lo Capo - Sicily

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Dangerous 03 Jun 2014

Hey, I'm going to Sicily tomorrow and I'm staying in San Vito for 4-5 days to do some walking and DWS. The transport looks pretty dire out there. I want to get to Scopello but there are no buses. Is there a place to hire a decent bicycle or did anyone manage to get from San Vito to Scopello? What else is there to do? Any good restaurants that need to be visited?

Thanks!!
Post edited at 11:07
 jimtitt 03 Jun 2014
In reply to Pete Dangerous:

No buses eh, wonder how the people go to work, shopping and the kids get to school?
You can walk there along the coast through the Zingaro national park.
You can get the tourist boat there if it´s running (no idea myself).
Hire a MTB and bike there along the normal road to Luppino and then the (closed) jeep road to Scopello.
Get the bus from San Vito to Palermo or the bus to Trapani and then Palermo and get off at Madonna della Scala, walk 5km.
Get the above buses and go to Castellammare del Golfo, from there the buses run to Scopello or a tripper boat.
I´ve always just driven there!
In reply to jimtitt:

The walk is a 40km round trip and a bit much for a day. The boats I've found only stop for swimming off the coast and don't actually dock anywhere. The last bus back to San Vito from Castellammare del Golfo is at 15:30 and the first bus to arrive at a decent hour is 11am which doesn't leave a lot of time. Biking is the only real chance and I can't find a link for bicycle hire. I've been looking into this all morning :/

jimtitt 03 Jun 2014

If you get to the N entrance to Zingaro by bike or taxi it´s 2 and a bit hours to Scopello. If you are going there for DWS then the bit we explored is actually further along at Punta Cala Blanca which you access from the main Palermo road anyway. I don´t DWS really so no idea what´s been developed along there. You could get an early bus to there and walk back.
The easiest for you is to contact Daniele Arena at http://www.ymcaclimbingsanvito.it/en/ which is a bar and climbing shop. He does MTB courses and knows everything about anything to do with the area. There is bike (and electric bike) hire in the town and at El Bahira but whether they are what you want is anybodies guess really, me not being a cyclist either.

Cool. I sent Daniele a message. Thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...