UKC

Guy Martin at the TT

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climber_Bill 03 Jun 2014
Guy Martin fans may find this interview with him after the first superbike race at this years TT interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1I2_hD8DGY&

Classic Guy Martin!
In reply to Richard White:

Hilarious

Bruce Anstey's new lap record....awesome!!! avg 132.3mph

youtube.com/watch?v=UL7P7OkTCDI&
Antigua 03 Jun 2014

Great, pure Guy Martin!

Michael Dunlop has all the charisma of a wet weekend in Scarborough but bugger can he ride a bike fast!
youtube.com/watch?v=YWZG1nhgwgg&
OP Climber_Bill 03 Jun 2014
In reply to Antigua:

Don't knock a wet weekend in Scarborough, I've spent hundreds there. Well, growing up there I would have.

Yes, Michael Dunlop is certainly more reserved than Guy.
 Langer 03 Jun 2014

I do like Guy and he's a great character but think Micheal just isn't interested in playing up for the cameras like Guy does. He does all his talking on the bike much like his elders did.

Funny how the commentators have been saying that Micheal's BMW has 10-15bhp more than anyone else. I'm sure it's probably got the most poke but i don't think that either Suzuki or HRC are going to give there teams second rate motors.

Bruce's Lap was just jaw dropping!! And coupled with a few mistakes. My bet is on him for the Senior and could we see the first sub 17min lap? Would take a brave man!

Looking forward to the Stocker Race tonight. Should be another good un!

Guy needs to find that extra 10% from somewhere soon or he'll never win. Quite odd to see the race by-passing the first four this week, often first lap as well.

Did anyone see what was wrong with his bike in the Stock race today? Loose fairing? Couldn't tell myself?
 Oli 03 Jun 2014
In reply to the_liquorice_man:

> Did anyone see what was wrong with his bike in the Stock race today? Loose fairing? Couldn't tell myself?

Not sure, couldn't see in any of the reports that I saw.

I think I read somewhere that the top 5 super stock bikes set faster times than the Tyco Suzukis in the Superbike race - says a lot if it's true, not detracting from Michael Dunlop's riding (I wouldn't be surprised if he wins them all this year)
 Tony the Blade 03 Jun 2014

I've heard a report that a spectator noticed that he'd lost a wheel nut, if that's the case then it's no wonder he was grateful when I expected an outburst instead.

RIP Karl Harris, a truly likeable bloke that took time out many years ago to chat to my lad at Cadwell Park.
In reply to Oli:

> (I wouldn't be surprised if he wins them all this year)

Except for the Supersport( as he already didn't win that one), or the sidecars (as he's not in that one) or the Zero (as he's not in that one)

But yes, agreed he's doing very well so far this year with spectacular advantages in both the races he's won.

Scary if Guy had lost a wheel nut! Very lucky the wheel was still on! Apparently some spectators gave him a cup of tea to cheer him up, how very British.

As it been confirmed yet on Guy? Also heard that it might have been a front shock issue which would explain bringing in Dunlop as well.

Interested to see what Bruce gets out of the Zero, even slowing down yesterday he snagged 3rd with ease.
 Langer 04 Jun 2014

Appears the front spindle bolt came off. Very unlikely that the wheel would have came off as there's pinch bolts to hold the spindle on both sides, provided they were tight of coarse. Either way it was good they pulled him!

Very sad news about Karl Harris. Great character! RIP

Interesting to here about Mc Guinness.
 Langer 04 Jun 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...