UKC

Litter by the Shelter Stone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Henrycuillin 04 Jun 2014
I was up at the shelter stone last week and I happened to notice the amount of litter and faeces around and about the Stoen and the area where you camp at the head of Loch A'an. I also saw what I thought were rats but it turned out to be water voles, however, they also feed on the litter left by people. So, can I just ask that people always bury their waste and take their rubbish with them jsut to stop this problem getting any worse and to preserve such a beautiful place.
Ann65 13 Jun 2014
In reply to Henrycuillin:

Henry - just saw your post and would like to add my agreement to your comment. I saw this item recently on another site;

"I have just spent a couple of days wild camping on The Tarmachan Ridge, the amount of litter casually dropped by so called walkers is a disgrace, I can spend 4 days in the mountains and leave no trace, they spend 4 hours in the mountains and disrespect them by leaving their crap."

There are many more heading out on the hill, for one reason or another, but despite all the 'good advice' the rubbish continues to pile up.

I've been rounded on at another site for suggesting that reviving some of the old mountaineering 'traditions' might be a good idea - but who knows.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...