UKC

Weather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 05 Jun 2014
There just isn't anywhere this Saturday (within reach of Berkshire) that is dry, is there? I have time, I have partner I have domestic leave grrrrrrrrrrr.
This keeps happening.

Could we have a new "Moaning about the weather" forum? And does anyone have suggestions for improving matters? Perhaps not human sacrifice but maybe there are other ways of appeasing the weather gods?
OP BusyLizzie 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:
> There just isn't anywhere this Saturday (within reach of Berkshire) that is dry, is there?

Hmm. That's a no, isn't it
 Fatclimber 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:
Sorry Lizzie.

My back is bad, I can't climb. So I have been busy doing a rain shuffle (not well enough to dance) to ensure that it is wet this weekend. I would hate to have to sit out a nice Sunny weekend.

Steve
Post edited at 13:20
 Tall Clare 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

I've just cancelled a weekend away with a friend that was the first weekend I've was going to be climbing/camping/unfettered in... er... nine or ten months, because of the bogging forecast. I feel your pain.
 Skyfall 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:
Bad luck !

I will be in the Lake District at the weekend with a free pass on Saturday and it will be throwing it down all day by the looks of it. Grrr indeed.
Post edited at 13:28
 Mark Collins 05 Jun 2014
In reply to All:

Aid climbing, problem solved.
In reply to Tall Clare:

Oh woe. I think the only thing to do is to keep planning trips... Don't give up.
 kathrync 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

The far north west of Scotland looks passable on Saturday if that's any good to you? Not exactly within easy reach of Berkshire though!

Think I'm going to take the opportunity catch on some work that I've been avoiding
In reply to Fatclimber:

Doh!! Might have known 'twas you!!!

But I hope your back gets better soon.
In reply to kathrync:

The far north west is not going to be practicable this weekend, sadly, much as I want to go there. Like you, I shall be catching up on work (e.g. the stuff I should be doing while writing this...)
In reply to Skyfall:

That is exactly what happened to me when I had planned to go to the Lakes. Do we see a pattern emerging????
 Choss 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

arrange and go anyway, slope off to pub or one of them indoor Climbing things if on the off Chance the weather forecast is right.
 Landy_Dom 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

I got my SPA this weekend so I HAVE to lead climb on Saturday, in thunderstorms, in the Ogwen valley :/

I'm mildly concerned now....

Dom.
 Choss 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

just checked Bristol weather on my TelemaPhone app Widget... says Dry From midday Saturday and on Sunday.
In reply to Choss:

Hmmmm. The Met Office website is less optimistic for Saturday, but that may change; and I see what you mean about Sunday. I have to be doing something else at 1700 Sunday, preferably not covered in mud... Hmmm. Will have to consult.
 ark05 05 Jun 2014

i wouldn't cancel your plans yet. its meant to be a storm. Storms are pretty hard to predict this far in advance. it could miss us all together.

looking at the met office the storm is coming in from the south west.. but winds on Saturday are mostly south east/south. i recon the more north and east you are the better chance you have of avoiding it.
Post edited at 17:30
 whenry 05 Jun 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie: The forecast for West Penwith looks OK - they're getting it first on Friday night.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...