UKC

Mallorca in early sept

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goosebump 05 Jun 2014
Hiya,
Just booked us a place to stay near Soller, and Im really really excited. I don't road bike much, but it seems a waste not to while we are there (as well as climbing, kayaking, drinking wine etc). Its gonna be HOT though. If you had to pick one ride near to Soller, that doesn't include the massive 57 hair pin bend climb (too difficult to enjoy), what would you do? Looking for something on a difficulty level of the Snowdon road circuit, or thereabouts. Anyone any ideas? Road or mountain rides considered!
 Purple 05 Jun 2014
In reply to goosebump:

Ask these folk I know.
 psaunders 05 Jun 2014
In reply to goosebump:

I would say... take the road along the coast to Deia, which is stunning. Then carry on almost to Valldemossa, take the pass over to Esporles, which has a very nice descent on a wooded hillside. Then back to Palmanyola and then North, over the Coll de Soller back to Soller.

Not sure what that adds up to, but we did that route from Palma and it wasn't too difficult.
OP goosebump 06 Jun 2014
In reply to psaunders:

Thanks - much appreciated!
 Bob 06 Jun 2014
In reply to goosebump:

I'd second the proposed route from psaunders, we did it last year and it's stunning. Had lunch in Port d'Andratx then returned via Es Capdella and Galilea before final climb over Col du Soller, though you could cut back to Valdemossa and return via the first bit of the coast road.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...