UKC

Camping on Mull

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gibson 05 Jun 2014
Hello all,

Taking the family to Mull for a few days next month and wondered if anyone could recommend camping sites/spots?

Appreciated!
Jim C 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Gibson:

If you want minimum hassle there are pre erected tents, I pitched my own, but there were large groups just tripping up with sleeping bags and pillows and walking into the pre pitched tents.

http://www.coolcamping.co.uk/campsites/uk/scotland/scottish-isles/isle-of-m...
 mrsphene 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Gibson:

Depends how wild/civilised you want to be. For proper campsites, I'd probably reccomend Fidden (pron. Feedjen) a mile or so south of Fionnphort. This is a a busy family campsite with a good atmosphere. West Mull is much better then east Mull in every way. Ross of Mull granite landscape is fantastic - great walking, and handy for climbing on Erraid, and limitless bouldering should you want such things..
OP Gibson 05 Jun 2014
Thanks guys, good to hear.
I see there is some DWS around Erraid? Recommended?
 london_huddy 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Gibson:

Erraid is gorgeous and there are plenty of smaller beaches around to stick a tent on if you want to wild camp.
 digby 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Gibson:
The campsite just outside Tobermory is very decent. And the birds feeding in the garden at reception are remarkable!
The only supermarket on the Island appears to be in Tobermory (good old co-op), and it's cheaper than the Shieling.
Post edited at 20:25
OP Gibson 05 Jun 2014
Smashing guys, helpful stuff.
Any beach in particular I should be visiting? There looks to be some stunning wee numbers!
Anything at all that is particularly worth a visit?
 NathanP 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Gibson:

Calgary beach was the best we found and there was a semi-official wild camping site there, complete with toilet block.

Don't miss the fish and chip van on Tobermory harbour - among the best I have ever had.
In reply to GibFidden campsite has recently superceded Applecross to become top of my camping site list. It's just awesome. Climbing with in 200 yards of the site too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...