UKC

mounting a beast maker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 keepguessing 07 Jun 2014
Buying a beast maker 1000 from a friend soon and i need to mount it on a square post any body got any ideas the post is only 6ft high so it has to be place literately right on top of the post.
 gd303uk 07 Jun 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

When mounting a beast maker I would be careful not to hurt myself.
In reply to sebflynn:

Not sure mounting it on a post is going to work when you come to use it. You really need it mounted above free space so you can hang out of contact with anything. Best would be a doorway or roof/garage rafters. This also gives you room to put your bouldering mat underneath for when your fingers uncurl at the end of reps.
Is there any way of bringing timber/plywood off the post so you can hang freely?
OP keepguessing 08 Jun 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

I cant really see much of a way apart from using a mounting board to give me about an inch of space between me and the post but any real distance would just start to rip the post out of the ground.
OP keepguessing 08 Jun 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Also does any body know about a beastmaker suitability to being left out side? i would love to have it inside but i live with my parents and they down right refuse to let me have it any where in the house so i am forced to errect a post in the garden i may use some cord to temporarily lash the board to the post then undo the lashing when i want to take it down.(if it cant be left outside.
 alooker 09 Jun 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

post isn't going to work, you need to hand underneath the hangboard. Is mounting on a removable pull up bar out of the question?

Or two posts with a bar between them...
Donnie 09 Jun 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

I copied this guy - works really well

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=541234

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...