UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 08 Jun 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (22) thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=588585

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

practicallypixie - 2 lbs down.
Fatclimber - Still can't find the scales.
Sleepy_trucker - 1 lb down.
AndrewW - 2 lbs down.
waterbaby - 1 lb up.
VS4b - Weight stable.
Dick, Still a Fat B - 1 lb down; now has a new doggie (nice). We have a GSD bitch.

Have a good week, and let's do it to them before they do it to us.
 Sleepy_trucker 09 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

I'm up a pound - too much troughing and boozing

And new car problems are going to occupy my spare time for the foreseeable (all because I fixed what wasn't broken! I'll never learn)The disco soldiers on though, thankfully.

Soo, all in all not having much luck but still smoke free..........just.
 Fatclimber 09 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Have found the scales. Somehow they were at the bottom of the laundry basket. Not sure that it wasn't some psychological episode that I experienced and I deliberately hid them, because I am definitely not pleased with the results. I currently weigh 100Kg when my target for this week is 95. I suspect I put a bit on last week as my bad back stopped me from doing any exercise and I went out a few times.

Determined to lose some this week, so less to drink and hopefully resuming climbing (assuming the chiropractor says yes!)
Andy Gamisou 11 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Weight at SOW: 11st 5lb.
Weight at EOW: 11st 5lb.

Average calories per day: 1680.
Of these, a very poor 270 per day from alcohol (way way too many).

Need to do better this week to keep on the downward trend.
 waterbaby 11 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Thanks for keeping this running Andrew

I'm going to bow out, might pop back with progress if I ever lose the weight.

This is completely pot, kettle, black but it seems some of us need to want this more, in order to remain focused on losing the weight.

I'm annoyed with myself just now for being so I'll disciplined, so I'm off to have a good talk to myself!

In reply to waterbaby:

Well I am still down - 9st 9lb. However, that's only due to having had a stomach bug! However, it's a bit of motivation for me.

So, how do we keep the momentum going..?
In reply to AndrewW:

Thank you Andrew for your on going support, it does help
exercising the dog seems to be helping 13st 10.
He doesn't like it if people run past when I am rope soloing and barks at them, which is a bit annoying ( probably for them too I guess). Any tips?
probably should reduce alcohol again ( seems to be a theme on here) , but drinking much less than a few months ago.
Got some clothes out the loft yesterday, I can get into things I haven't been able to for a few years. Feels good.

Cheers

Richard
 VS4b 13 Jun 2014
In reply to Dick, Still a Fat B:

same old thing for me... weight the same, poor mileage week at 89.
Andy Gamisou 15 Jun 2014
In reply to Dick, Still a Fat B:

> He doesn't like it if people run past when I am rope soloing and barks at them, which is a bit annoying ( probably for them too I guess). Any tips?

Our GSD can be pretty aggressive when she is feeling protective, and had a tendency to scare the *hit out of anyone who wandered too close (which isn't often due to where we live). What we found helped was having a plastic bottle with a few pebbles in it. A quick firm shake seems to take her mind off ripping the throat out of whichever person was approaching. Also worked for stopping her barking at dogs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...