UKC

Quick drying crags in North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jordangask 08 Jun 2014
So i'm off to North Wales tomorrow for the week but it looks like I might be dodging the rain to get any climbing done!

Could anyone recommend any good single pitch and multi pitch venues that dry quickly.

I'll be based out of Llanfair PG but can drive all around.

Thanks!
 RyanOsborne 08 Jun 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

The slate quarries are a good option in showery weather. Basically as soon as it's stopped raining they're dry.
Removed User 08 Jun 2014
In reply to RyanOsborne:

> The slate quarries are a good option in showery weather. Basically as soon as it's stopped raining they're dry.

This is true and a good recommendation, but, conversely, if you are caught on them in the rain they turn very slippery.
 Webster 08 Jun 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

most of the mountain routes on the likes of Tryfan, and the Glyders can be done in big boots in the wet if you are a competent mountaineer, though easy mountain routes might not be what you are after? if you are then grooved arete on tryfan east face is brilliant
In reply to Jordangask:

Tremadog is often a good bet for avoiding rain, in a similar vein, Gogarth/Holyhead Mtn are often dry when the mountains are wet. HH Mtn dries very quickly too.

As mentioned above, the slate is very quick drying - just don't get caught mid route by the rain! Also, not loads at VS to go at if your profile is up to date.

Dunc
 rockcat 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

Try the A55 crags, Castle Inn is particularly fast drying and Penmaen Head is pretty quick as well.

> So i'm off to North Wales tomorrow for the week but it looks like I might be dodging the rain to get any climbing done!

> Could anyone recommend any good single pitch and multi pitch venues that dry quickly.

> I'll be based out of Llanfair PG but can drive all around.

> Thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...